• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #34

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 34th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!!

p.s. (!) I swear this spotlight is really JUST a coincident of what he has just achieved!! I didn't hold back of this interview for today!!

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

Joe Camel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
i *think* it was 3/2/04

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow team members to know about, what would it be?
i just started playing with Yonah and Merom chips and a x1900 crossfire setup

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
Stats LINK

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
i live in Brunswick Ohio thats about 30min south of Cleveland

How did you initially hear about F@H?
from here @ OCF

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
my Mother passed away from Lung cancer years back and she quit smoking 24 years B4 she was diagnosed, almost every person on my mothers side of the family has had one form of cancer (some are alive most arnt) im a smoker and so is my wife... im hoping to save my own ***

What do you do for a living?
im the (only) son of a Swiss immigrant that started his own business; so ya, im the Boss's son and am trying to learn how to "fill his shoes".

What do you do for fun?
Benchmark / build bench-rigs

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
other than Benching, i like to.... ummm .... eat? im a total Bench addict, so between work and benching, there isnt much time left to do much else

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
since my Sig rig would cost WAY too much to run 24/7 and its a bench-rig by design, it doesn't FOLD, but my trusty old AMD 1800+ , Abit NF7-s is my "favorite" FOLDing rig (its been FOLDing from day 1 24/7/365 and NEVER had a EUE or lockup EVER

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
Home Farm = 1x AMD 1800 , 2x 630's , 1x 840 , 1x Venice 3500 ... and then there are the 28x PC's i (try to) maintain @ work

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
ive been married for 1.5 years now and i guess its time to start thinking about having offspring (in all honesty, the thought scares the hell out of me)
id like to learn how to build phase change coolers and learn to volt-mod (solder)

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
i was a total PC n00b back in '95 when i bought my first PC (Pentium 75 Acer) and was self taught till i found this place. through FOLDing, Benching and Gaming i have learned A LOT about computers and have grown to love them; ive also grown to love this place due to all the GREAT people here that are o-so helpful and kind to a "hack" like me

This time, Joe has included some pics for us too!!

FOLDing Farm:
pict03269qt.th.jpg

ME (about 2x years ago) and a hint as to what i also like to do while Benching bananarasta7wk.gif ;)
sititngpurdy6yd.th.jpg

ive got 5x cats...

here is the biggest and the smallest:
pict01922gu.th.jpg pict02053gt.th.jpg

the pretty and the mean:
pict01990om.th.jpg pict02071kw.th.jpg

and the one left over
pict01968oo.th.jpg

my "current" Bench rig:

Wow....the MIGHTY Joe Camel.

Glad to know more about ya Joe!! :thup:

Hey - do those 'Cats Fold? :D

Dead 4-Ever!!!!!

-dood, get a tan, it's summertime. :p

Deadheads unite! :D

Great to meet ya Joe! :thup:

harlam_santa.gif

Great to know about you Joe! :beer:

Folding cats? I have 3 plus 1 Miniature Schnauzer that the cats consider to be just another (funny looking) cat!

Another great spotlight Gary! ;)

Great interview Joe ... and I am glad to meet the rest of the cats finally :)

And i like that bench setup ... just the right combination of high tech and ghetto ... personally tho, I think there should be a bit more duct tape in use :D

and great work as usual LS (where do you get the time with that deck/stairs/fencing project ... nice work) :thup:

:beer: :beer:

Great to meet you Joe, you seem to always have the "Cool Stuff"!
Love the cats, especially the black and white one on the tower :D. We have 3 inside and um,er, ah, 15 outside (keeps the squirrels out of our pecan archard).

Fold Bro!

Glad you guy enjoyed all the interview!! :beer:
pscout said:
and great work as usual LS (where do you get the time with that deck/stairs/fencing project ... nice work) :thup:
lol...you know it too huh? we spend about 4 weekends totally from start to finish. btw, my shoulders still burnt and hurt!! and guess what, the main problem when I was working on it is I have to turn off my farm in the basement or the fuse will blow when running any heavy equipments!! :p now with a decent size backyard, I might one day look into geothermal solution.....

LandShark said:
Glad you guy enjoyed all the interview!! :beer:

lol...you know it too huh? we spend about 4 weekends totally from start to finish. btw, my shoulders still burnt and hurt!! and guess what, the main problem when I was working on it is I have to turn off my farm in the basement or the fuse will blow when running any heavy equipments!! :p now with a decent size backyard, I might one day look into geothermal solution.....
Tool Time :grunt: :grunt: :grunt:
Do what I did, drop a #12 off the main panel to a commercial grade socket. Now I can make sawdust and not even wink the lights in the house. :thup:

Back