• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 805 OC Project (Completed)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wing

as continued from http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=4590772#post4590772

Well I got a new motherboard, replaced the AW8-Max with a AW8D and got moving just fine. It seems the highest I could get it stable was 190FSB / 3.9Ghz. It would start up at 200FSB and 195 FSB however once windows started booting it would die. Heat is not a problem at all, at load its reaching maybe 54C at 3.9 with the zalman 9500. My ambients were pretty cool though as I had the AC on. Runnint 1.43vcore to keep er goin at 3.9

All those others that have done this what was your max workable FSB?

Will post benches and pics later (they are at home, and I am not!)

I tried all the way up to 1.6v to no avail. Windows would start to boot then die. Temps would have been high at that point but within acceptable range.

Think its anything else?

what sort of temps should you be looking to hit maximum with this chip? i have my 805d at 3.8ghz on my sig setup at the moment. vcore reading 1.39v with asus pc probe 2 (set at 1.4v in bios). prime 95 torchure test (max power/heat, some ram tested) is showing 60deg. should i aim higher? i have had it at 4ghz but starting f@h caused the system to instantly reboot...

Know Nuttin said:
what kind of power supply? At 3900mhz/1.43, it will draw approx 15A of +12v, so you'd need a bit more than that for headroom.

He never mentioned the brand, but he did say this in his other 805 thread. I'm curious as well.
the PSU I ordered does 34 amps on the 12v rail the one I have now does 13 and 15.

Nice. I'm going to be oc'ing my 805 when more 965 chipsets are out. It's nice to see the Zalman doing that well. I would be going for the Ultra-120, but my case is not big enough :( . Looks like I'm going to use the 9500! I have one question though. What was your CPU's voltage at the start?

Cant tell you exact as I am not in front of it right now but think it was 1.36 give or take a hundredth.

It was this power supply - OCZ PowerStream OCZ520ADJSLI ATX, BTX, EPS12V 520W Power Supply - Retail

smerko said:
what sort of temps should you be looking to hit maximum with this chip? i have my 805d at 3.8ghz on my sig setup at the moment. vcore reading 1.39v with asus pc probe 2 (set at 1.4v in bios). prime 95 torchure test (max power/heat, some ram tested) is showing 60deg. should i aim higher? i have had it at 4ghz but starting f@h caused the system to instantly reboot...

I believe it will start throtling about 65 and reboot at about 70, I wouldnt go much higher than 65 obviously. Download throtle monitor and just watch to see where the throtling kicks in.

Back