• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultra X-finity 500w $9,99 ar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
$300 for your CPU
$500 for your GFX card
$100 for your memory
$200 for your motherboard
$9.99 for your PSU

Having an Ultra product take out your computer PRICELESS.

lol, i have an ultra psu myself..i think what you said is true, but i didnt think the x-finity would be like the x-connect(my current)...cuz on speedfan the 12v rail shows me 12.65..im gonna get me a multimeter asap so i can confirm this. and if so im kinda screwed cuz i cant rma it(bought it off ebay, barcode was cut for rebate, ultra doesnt do that kinda stuff)

but hey maybe this one might be good

With all the bad results on the Ultra series I'd stay away from it for a PSU. Like IV said, having a junk PSU nuke your system is enough for a whole post of these.....:bang head.

infinitevalence said:
$300 for your CPU
$500 for your GFX card
$100 for your memory
$9.99 for your PSU

:bang head too some people that makes sense. Anyone that buys that psu, should be required by law to give all there hardware to an overclocker

dicecca112 said:
:bang head too some people that makes sense. Anyone that buys that psu, should be required by law to give all there hardware to an overclocker

Good idea, but then we would get stuck with some people that have about $170 invested in there gear before the PSU ;)

Staples had a similar deal with the Ultra X-connect and i grabbed it. I'm just letting you know i got my rebate so im sure you'll get your rebate if u actually buy it.

infinitevalence said:
$300 for your CPU
$500 for your GFX card
$100 for your memory
$9.99 for your PSU

Nope, it appears to me to be about $1,100.00. :D

But your point is WELL taken!!

Would you REALLY trust one thousand dollars worth of computer parts to a ten dollar firestarter PSU?

steve

the x-finity is the best Ultra PSU to date, the problem is that it still sucks. They are poor to moderate quality at best. I would not trust one of these to do much more than power an extra spare parts rig i can afford to lose.

dicecca112 said:
skou I knew you'd be in here at some point

Come on, you guys know how much I love anything from Ultra, or their favourite retailer, TigerDirect!!

The one I really like, was RatShack selling the Ultra X-Connect, for $99.99, with a $100.00 rebate. If they were selling them in the stores, with an instant rebate,I'd be getting all I could, throwing the POS PSU away, and keeping the penny! (Well, I might have gutted them for fans and other stuff.) Just think of the house fires I would have prevented!

steve

infinitevalence said:
the x-finity is the best Ultra PSU to date, the problem is that it still sucks. They are poor to moderate quality at best. I would not trust one of these to do much more than power an extra spare parts rig i can afford to lose.

How bad is it really? I was planning on using it for my new rig.....
Will it hold.....?

Intel 915PUX
LGA775 proccesor
2 Gigs of ECC Ram
7900GT

bad enough i would not let you use it in that set up. The Ultra high end PSUs are at most good enough to power a low end gfx card, with a mid grade single core CPU and a few extra drives and such. The voltages are poorly regulated and will often zip up to close to 13v or down to 11v. I have not tried ot RMA one but from what i hear the RMA process sucks *** as well. I have an ultra, got it as a review sample and i dont even think i have a computer i would trust to it. Maybe my very old NF7-S and 2500+m

let me put it this way...

im afraid of it blowing up while im using it for runni9ng my fans and leaktesting my pump...

no way in hell its touching my mobo

infinitevalence said:
...Maybe my very old NF7-S and 2500+m...

Don't even THINK about risking that wonderful old board!!

To anyone thinking about running an Ultra, how is your homeowners (or renters) insurance?

Why do you think they are selling for $10, because they are good? I don't think so!

To quote a friend of mine, who is a Mod over at ABIT, and is also a member here, quoting LVCoyote, "I wouldn't touch that firestarter, with a 10 foot pole!"

steve

I had my last one fart a white spark and then die. Thankfully it took nothing with it.

If you buy one through this deal you could just scalp it for it's cables. :)

Back