• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #31

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 31th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!! :)

Now this time, because of me slacking, I have shuffle around a bit and bring you this very special guest first! Even tho he has not been too active lately, but he surely is The member who we can't live/fold without because of his awesome "creation"!! And I'm sure pretty much ALL of us owe him a Big Thanks!!

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

Wedo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
I began folding back in March of '02 with the original FAH1.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
You mean besides successfully falling off the planet and coming back?

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
I am easy to find, I’m right up at the top of the page…. lol

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
I live next door to the Little Old Lady from Pasadena (CA).

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I had found the OCForums via Google looking for info on overclocking. After reaping the reward of very helpful members at our forums I decided to help out the team after seeing some posters signature who was a team member.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
Names like Nancy, Cathy, and even Peanut. I fold for hope, too many have been lost too early in life.

What do you do for a living?
I own my own IT outsourcing and support company.

What do you do for fun?
TiVo, Gaming (BF2 for the last 10 months), and I’m purchasing an ’06 KTM 450XC-G this month.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
I have five best friends that live all over the greater LA area and my favorite thing to do is hand out with them when ever we get the chance.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
Rigs are in the sig. I have an old dually Barton rig for a “stable” work @ home. My main rig is a 4800+ Toledo on water with an ATI x850xtpe, 2 GB ram, dual Raptors on RAID 0, Viewsonic VP201b, Logitech z680’s, Belkin n52, Saitek x52. The main rig rocks and it’s all for gaming (and folding when I’m not on it). I will be upgrading to dual PCI-E and the Conroe chip when Intel gets them out.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
I’ve had two different farms, now I just run two home rigs that actually produce more WU’s than the original five layer farm I built!

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
Hmmm… well I’ve been working on this whole “I own my own company, so now what?” thing. I hope to build my businesses to a point where we can offer superior service, products, and support for the best possible fee while keeping a number of people gainfully employed in a great working environment. Creating something from nothing inspires me continually which has led not only to trying to build the computer company up, but also to my other part-time business of real estate development. I suppose that my goals are then to take care of myself, my family, my friends, and have a great time doing it!

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
In closing, I would like to say that I’ve been holding onto a top 20 position in all of FAH for quite sometime now and I could not be more proud to do it for Team 32. I appreciate every question answered, the support, the comradery of our team, and we’re pretty damn funny to boot. As long as there is a client, there will be a One-Click if it is needed and Team 32 will always have Wedo.

Great to know you Wedo! And Thanks for the One-Click! :thup:

harlam_santa.gif

Thanks for letting us get to know you better, Wedo.

And FYI, in March of 02 the project was really on version 2, which actually was the start of the present points system. :p The original version of F@H was junked out and started over (including the points system) when version 2 was rolled out. And version 1 even predates my participation in the project too; I think there's only a few still around that actually participated in the original version.

Fold on, brother. And stop by sometime and chat. :)

All: Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!

Karl: Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?
Lenny: Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
Alien: We do! We do!

All: Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!

Skinner: Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Homer: Who rigs every Oscar night?
All: We do! We do!

Thanks, Wedo! :beer:

Glad to meet you wedo of the 1-click :)

Great to have you as a fellow T32 folder!

:beer: :beer:

Congratz Wedo!!! :beer: Wedo's Still Alive & Well! As others have noted, Wedo made one of the most usefull team contributions...the one click. We all use it, and thanks again for it!

Falling off the planet is easy, it's getting back on that can be a real PITA.:cool:

I mean you got crouded spaceports, spaceport securty, customs, and baggage claim is an adventure in and of it's self!:p

Thank you oh mighty Master of the Oneclick!:beer:

Great interview btw.

Damn, I was sure I posted in this thread. Guess not. Nice work Wedo, the borgage that I've accomplished would have been much slower without the aid of your one-click :). I appreciate it.

- Jim

Back