• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D975XBX Overclocking helper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rocinante

Well, I have 2 D975XBX's now, and the only annoying thing I can really pick at this board is the way you have to recover from a bad overclock...you just cant hit the power button a few times, or hold down a key when cycling the power, you have to power down, move a jumper, power up, reset the bios, then power down, and put the jumper back...this is a real pain for me because the way my case sits, so I decided to find a better way...

I went to Radio Shack, and bought a Double Pole-Single throw switch, and took it to work..soldered on the wires with pins, and plugged them into a 3 pin connector I had laying around...

This is the final product...

bioscable.jpg

I just put the connector on the spot the bios jumper was, and when the switch is down, its in normal mode, and when I screw up and overclock too high, I just flip the switch, make my adjustments, and flip the switch back down again...

If any of y'all want to build one, you can use an old 3 pin fan cable...I just happened to have the right pins and connectors at work...just make sure you wire it so the common pin on the switch is on the wire in the middle...

Hope this helps make this board more popular...its a solid overclocker, and hopefully my rev. 304 with sport a new Conroe very soon...:cool:

Back