• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 30th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!! :)

This guy, I've seen him around as long as I've been around the forum. And he has quite a collection of home brew farm that he pay and build all on his own!

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

muddocktor
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
I'm one of the oldies here (age as well as folding-wise). I joined in December 2001, which is just a couple of months after they started Version 2 of the client (which started the present stats system).

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
I just built a computer out of some of my castoffs for my younger brother's kids and of course it is borged under my folding name. Another cpu for me and the team. What's funny is that my castoffs are better than the computer he already has. :D

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=4805

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
I live about 3 miles outside of a little town called Loreauville, Louisiana. It's also only about 3 miles from the Atchafalaya Basin, which is a semi-swampy wilderness area that is known for it's wildlife.

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I first heard of F@H when I joined these forums and I was kind of intrigued with the idea of it, plus it looked like a good way to test overclocked stability.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
I fold because I truly believe that Stanford is on the right track to help defeat some awful diseases. I fold with 8 personal rigs for the stats too. :D

What do you do for a living?
I'm a drilling fluids engineer in the oil business. Drilling fluids are usually a non-newtonian water or oil based fluid composed of various chemicals and mined products that serves several purposes in drilling an oil well such as cooling the drill bit and drill string and also to keep the formation pressures in check so that a blowout doesn't occur.

What do you do for fun?
I like to mess with computers and also camp and barbeque.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Getting away from it all by going camping is really relaxing and my wife and daughter enjoy it too. It doesn't have to be far away from the house either for us to enjoy camping.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
My main rig is an Opty 170 running at 2500 MHz on an Epox 9NDA3+ mobo with 2 GB Mushkin Redline 4000 ram and a Sapphire X800XT-PE and a 250 GB Seagate SATA drive. I just finished upgrading this rig for Christmas with the proc, ram, hard drive and case (Coolermaster Praetorian). I'm seriously thinking about watercooling it when my tax refund comes in, since it's hard to fit high end air into this case. As for what I use it for, of course if folds and I also game with it casually and backup some of my DVD's for going offshore to work with.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
My farm is listed in my sig and all the rigs have at least 512 MB of ram. The P4's, my laptop and my dual core and my dually machine have 1 GB ram installed.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
My future goals? I guess that is to keep my wife content and raise my daughter to be asset to society. As far as work is concerned, I still rather be working in the field than working in an office, which to me seems like it would get boring and tedious.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
Borg and Fold, then Borg some more. Let's get this team up to where we are matching the top 2 teams in folding production.:thup:

Know thy en..erm..competition :), just kidding. Nice work Landshark, and nice work Mudd. Good morning, good evening, and goodnight.

- Jim

Great to meet you mud! :thup:

Hey, anyone remember the Primus song. "My name is mud"... (bass slapping)... "My name is mud"... (bass slapping) :D

That should be your theme song! :D

harlam_santa.gif

Glad to meet you some more mudd :)

There are lots of days I wish i were workin in the great outdoors instead of meetings, meeting, meetings ... I work on big IT projects and the big implementation milestones are spaced out over months and years ... it does take a lot of patience and stress relief ( :beer: ) in between.

You must get your share of excitement and stress as hurricane season arrives tho :eek:

Here's to continued great folding :thup: :beer: :beer:

And another one for LS :beer:

Thanks guys. I just got back from vacation this weekend, which is why I haven't been online for a while. We went camping up around Gatlinburg, Tennessee and checked out Great Smoky Mountain National Park, which is beautiful. :D

I now have the farm back up and running, so my points should be returning to some normality soon.:beer: Now I have to go back out to work for 2 weeks and recover from the vacation.:drool:

Back