• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*HOT HOT* X1800XL 512mb @ ZZF $199 shipped - FLASH TO X1800XT!! (BACK Ordered)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
I was debating on making a separate thread since this was somewhat mentioned elsewhere in cyberdeals, but b/c I have a feeling that it's so *HOT*, I took it upon myself to research some...

MSI RX1800XL-VT2D512E Radeon X1800 XL PCI Express 512MB DDR3 Video Card w/Dual DVI, VIVO & HDTV-Out Retail

Link for $199 shipped at ZZF.

Here is a pic of it as MSI:
RX1800XL-VT2D512E Product Specification

I see ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why this cannot flash/OC to X1800XT 512mb specifications. This is my judgement call. I already put my order in yesterday b/c I'm so confident.

One main reason of my confidence is the fact that it has SIX PHASE INDUCTORS (those black MOSFET looking things to the right of the heatsink). Look at the picture yourself at the MSI link that I provided.

I also asked for someone at anandtech to post a pic, and he so kindly did here:
http://webpages.charter.net/lordgestle/x1800xl.JPG

The X1800XL pcb has 5 phase inductors. The X1800XT has 6 phase inductors. If you don't believe me, then go snoop around at newegg and look and compare the PCBs.

I've NEVER heard of an X1800XL 512mb... looks like MSI is probably doing a cleanup of old stuff.

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT BLAME ME FOR ANYTHING. I ALWAYS STICK TO MY GUT FEELING, AND IT TELLS ME THIS IS A WINNER!

*edit*
Forgot to mention that if you're going to OC this to X1800XT speeds, you'll probably have to up the vcore and vmem to X1800XT specifications.

If you flash the card, you won't need to do that. I suggest EVERYONE test the card at X1800XT specifications before flashing.

Once I get my card and do the procedure myself, I will then update the thread to include the flash procedure.

*EDIT*
CLICK HERE FOR X1800XL TO X1800XT FLASH PROCEDURE BY HOMER77 !!

Last edited:
I really see NO REASON why it won't do XT speeds, but that's my judgement call, and up to the reader to make the decision.

{PMS}fishy said:
You shouldn't say it will flash to an XT if you don't know that.
That's why I mentioned that I will update my thread with a procedure when I verify myself.

The pictures at MSI's website say enough for my own purposes. I'm not dumb.

The_NME said:
LOL, I knew you'd post here. I'll carry over my pics:
Where did you see me, AT? What was your username there. :D

AT indeed. I have a ~6 page term paper due tomorrow so I wont be able to check it out until then. I imagine that tomorrow night I will chuck it in and give it a whirl. I dont anticipate it not working - the design is the same as an XT. CrazyHorse at SD said:
I took the cooler off and looked at the memory.

Samsung K4J52324QC BJ12 (1.2ns) up to 1600mhz.

The bomb i thought, and tried using ATi Tool to overclock the card to its 600/1500 speed. Froze right away. I thought well lets see how the Voltage is on that card and yeah thats what this bioslock is all about. Voltage.

1.1V for the XL and only 1.8V for the memory is not enough to run this card with XT Speeds. Now i fooled a little bid around downloaded the tool overclocker and adjusted the Voltages higher, then i clocked the cards and it worked. Now all i had to do is flash the bios with an easy Winflash tool I will later let you guys know step by step how to make this mod.

Anyways Card runs now with an Sapphire X1800 XT OC Bios at 600/700 in 2D and 700/800 in 3D Mode. Pretty nice . I currently still work on some driver issues i had to install Omega Drivers but i m not satisfied with that so i currently work on that.
BIOS here:
http://www.k-hardware.de/news.php?s=&news_id=4716

The_NME said:
AT indeed. I have a ~6 page term paper due tomorrow so I wont be able to check it out until then. I imagine that tomorrow night I will chuck it in and give it a whirl. I dont anticipate it not working - the design is the same as an XT. CrazyHorse at SD said:BIOS here:
http://www.k-hardware.de/news.php?s=&news_id=4716

And I was gonna ask you if we can flash this to the X1800XT PE bios that *I believe* Sapphire has... that 700/800 is the OC bios that lots of people had used...

Wasn't that made by Sapphire? I remember seeing X1800XT PE Sapphires on ebay a while back.

i swear i want to scrape up enough money for this. this is the ONLY place ive seen selling it.

time to sell off blood, semen and maybe even the whole package at a street corner. ^^

how fast is this compared to say a 7900gt though?

i mean the xt version of this. cuz i might just sell my 6800gs and buy one of these.

Last edited:
it's neck and neck with the 7900gt depending on the games...

the 512mb helps with high res, but the one thing i like about this card as opposed to 7900gt is that it can do hdr+aa.

didn't notice the 512mb ram @_@ sweeeeet. may b i just will go and buy me one of these. hahahaah so tempting.

Well im in for the gamble, looks promising from what I can see and at that price, would be one sweet deal... godman since you ordered yesterday Im assuming you will recieve yours before I do, please keep me posted on your experience, as I will do the same.... When did these go up for sale? Anyone actually have these in thier posession yet or has anyone tried to unlock these?

Zork said:
Well im in for the gamble, looks promising from what I can see and at that price, would be one sweet deal... godman since you ordered yesterday Im assuming you will recieve yours before I do, please keep me posted on your experience, as I will do the same.... When did these go up for sale? Anyone actually have these in thier posession yet or has anyone tried to unlock these?
There is a thread on Anandtech in the HOT DEALS section where a couple people confirmed the success of this.

I ordered mine yesterday, but as ground shipping. I'm in no rush to get it b/c I still have a power supply pending at outpost... I need a new PSU to couple with this card, so I have to wait for that first.

ordered mine yesterday, thought about shipping ground but only 1.99 for 2nd so i went with that instead even though i m in CA.

it'll be here tomorrow but i probably won't have a chance to test it till this weekend.

btw, it looks like msi is even too lazy to change out the hsf. that looks like the same one as the xt one.

i keep looking at this and telling myself, its a cheap upgrade from my 7800gt. but who really cares. I hardly play games on PC anymore anyways

infinitevalence said:
well i ordered mine... damn you to hell godman you make me spend money i dont really have when i really should not... :p
hey, we work as a team!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back