• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COOLLABORATORY LIQUID PRO THERMAL MATERIAL?????/?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meionm

Well some time ago this week I decided to get some of this wonder cooling compound. As far appling is kinda odd/hard and I still don't know if I did it right. Besides application, this is the first time in a long time that I actually notice such a drop in temps between changing similar items. Thermal compound to thermal compound.

Although it does something odd on removal. I tried it on my copper heatsink to applied, then to removed. When I wiped heatsink, the area of the heatsink turned black.

Found it while looking at svc, just wondering about your opinions about this product. This kinda odd looking and I would have some reservations on appling it. Though it suppose to perform like arctic sliver but still, suppose to is sometimes far from truth.

link to svs
http://svc.com/coolab.html

CoolLaboratory Liquid Pro is the first heat thermal conductive compound which truly earns this title. Cool Laboratory Liquid Pro consists of 100% liquid metal! It is liquid at ambient temperature (very cool!). CoolLaboratory has a heat transfer rate over eight times that of conventional thermal compounds.

CoolLaboratory Liquid Pro does not contain any non-metallic additives such as Silicone, of oxides, etc.. Due to this composition (completely new for thermal compounds) it exceeds the best past thermal compounds in the heat conductance around the factor 9-10, simpler thermal compounds around the factor 100.

The liquid metal works like mercury and/or liquid tin solder. With a small lint free brush the liquid metal is then distributed evenly thinly on the processor. After the cooler is installed and the paste ran 48 hours, the liquid metal solidifies itself and achieves its optimal cooling performance.

When applying Liquid Metal, a little more care is necessary compared to the application of conventional pastes. If you are inexperienced in dealing with computer hardware you may wish to pick another paste that has less performance and less potential risks.

liqprotemp.gif

Reviews
http://www.dirkvader.de/ German
http://www.tweakers4u.de/ German

Features

Made of true liquid metal
Non Toxic
VERY High Heat Conductivity
100% liquid metal!

Specifications
Amounts 0.15ml

To ensure Optimum Results applying Liquid Pro, please note the following
1) Cool Laboratory Liquid Pro was designed for use with high quality coolers made of copper or silver. Aluminum coolers are unsuitable for use with Liquid Pro.

Note* DO NOT USE ALUMINUM COOLERS, or allow Liquid Pro to come in contact with any aluminum surfaces. Aluminum is not resistant against Liquid Pro and will result in damages to any aluminum surface.

2)Like all metals, Liquid Pro may act as an electrical conductor. This forms no problem if applied according to the directions provided, as your cooler is a conductive metal as well. Make sure Liquid Pro Does not touch any electric components. This could lead to short circuit when power is on. If you spill some of the Liquid Pro, wipe it away thoroughly before turning your PC on. Larger quantities can be sucked away with the syringe, or use a paper towel for smaller amounts.

Note* Even non-electricity conducting heat conducting pastes may acquire electric conductibility after some time. The reason is possible contamination with dust and metal particles by the cooling fan.

svcompucycle_1894_76383140

svcompucycle_1894_76535784

Last edited:
looks like damn mercury.... intresting... im sticking with as5 on this one... ya cant use aluminum based hs's... the stuff destroys it.

that's probably just gallium, melts at 38 degrees celsius, to get that lower probably some other stuff added to it.

oxid said:
that's probably just gallium, melts at 38 degrees celsius, to get that lower probably some other stuff added to it.
It is and that stuff is **DANGEROUS** in so many ways. For starters it will eat through your heatsink much faster if its aluminum so stick with the AS5.

That stuff is really neat. It sounds like it isnt a good choice though ,the way you guys put it. Id like to hear some positive things, becuase i wouldnt mind giving it a try.

ill wait until other people try it. Looks interesting though.

wait, how does the liquid metal solidify after 48 hours.... wouldnt it just remain as a liquid?

edit: sweat, i can use this to inject myself with the metal and transform myself into ironman!!!! :p

i believe it doesnt stay liquid because it alloys itself with all its surrounding metals, that's what gallium does, as so i've heard. Dont use it, dangerous, even if your not using an aluminum heatsink, gallium loves to mix itself with other metals, jus cuz it can. I wouldnt put that stuff on my $xxx(x) processor

from my understanding of people who use it, the stuff doesn't last as long as TC and over time temps go back up...

Thats really too bad that stuff isnt very effective then. I wanted to try it out since it looked so cool. Oh well, if anyone injects it in their body and experiences super human strength, give a post on the forum.

Where is SSS on this... his opinion would answer the question once and for all...

If it doesn't taste good to him... don't use it!

Jdrake90

omg... that is crazy. Im kinda shocked, but i still want to try it out on a full copper heatsink. Im so curious as to how well this would work lol. I think ill try it on a p2 first, so if anything breaks i wont cry :p.

funny thing is, gallium isn't toxic as long as it doesn't react with fluor in your body, of wich the chances are slim. just don't eat too much of it, and you can say you ATE METAL, now that would be a great pickup line :p

I'm still waiting for someone to answer the question about whether this permanently bonds the HS to the GPU/CPU, or if it is removable.Anyone know?

Well gallium, indium, and tin (the paste) melts at -20° Celsius (-4° Fahrenheit). so im assuming it would stay in liquid form because its above -20°.
image.php
That is at room temperature and it is still a liquid. Aswell, in order for the guys heatsink to get into contact it would have dripped off. So i believe it is still a liquid. Im not 100% sure but im just assuming because thats the way it is.

Back