• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**Official** Team Monkey Challenge Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the garynator

Chief folding_monkey
I decided to move this over to a new thread because I'd like to keep our official thread for non-challenge related things.

Original Post:

uh...i'm still trying to figure out who we're challanging...i don't see any "Team Monkey" except in your forums... And I don't know where you guys are getting this whole "We're the original Team Monkey" because last time I checked we're not "Team Monkey" nor do we claim to be.
I normally wouldn't respond like this, however, after reading a few posts on your mpc thread it really kinda annoyed me. Obviously we weren't copying you as it seems you guys think, we didn't even know you existed...actually I still don't know that you guys exist judging by folding stats.
If you want a challange we'd gladly accept, however, we only accept challanges from folding subteams (everyone folding under one username), not a forum subteam. Maybe I'm just blind, if so, link me to your subteam's EOC stats page.

Anyway, I think i speak for all of us folding_monkeys when i say, I don't appreciate being called "rookies" or anything that implies that we are copying you, because we aren't.

Now if you want to challange us, get a single username (may i suggest "Team Monkey" :rolleyes and get back to us with details of what you are challanging us to.

Race to 500k points or is that too much? Maybe a 250k race. Time to turn my a/c down to 60 degrees and FINALLY o/c teh xeon dually!

It's spider monkey on their team. Their stats are quite comparable to your monkey subteam. Their ppd was about 1k ppd higher last time I checked but both subteams are really close in total points.

I would propose a race to about 250k.

Who is the resident stats/html guru that could whip up a race page?

I also started a challenge thread on the maxpc forums:
http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38384

Last edited:
KingFish said:
It's spider monkey on their team. Their stats are quite comparable to your monkey subteam. Their ppd was about 1k ppd higher last time I checked but both subteams are really close in total points.

I would propose a race to about 250k.

Who is the resident stats/html guru that could whip up a race page?

I also started a challenge thread on the maxpc forums:
http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38384

so "spider_monkey" is their whole team like "folding_monkeys" is ours?

250k seems pretty decent... I'd opt for 300k myself however.

As I understand it, yes. I'm not on the Max PC team but I follow several forums and that's the way I understand it.

I just checked and spider monkeys are producing about 1.5k ppd more than your monkey subteam. Whoddathunk that OC would be the underdogs? I'm sure you guys will pull something together though.

300k would be a fine race too.

KingFish said:
As I understand it, yes. I'm not on the Max PC team but I follow several forums and that's the way I understand it.

I just checked and spider monkeys are producing about 1.5k ppd more than your monkey subteam. Whoddathunk that OC would be the underdogs? I'm sure you guys will pull something together though.

300k would be a fine race too.

i think we'll manage :sn:

well we need official confirmation b3fore we start the race...and we need official confirmation that they even have a username that they colaborate under.

Actually, we need a couple of things, but they can be worked out. We need a place where you, I, and spider monkey (he's their subteam leader) can hash out rules, start time, etc for the contest. A private forum somewhere would be perfect. We need a stats person to help out with a stats tracking page because I simply don't have that ability. You have an html guru onboard that could help with that? When I get contact with spider monkey from max pc we'll go from there.....

Nexus, would you be so kind as to make sure that the beer vendor gets setup and is well stocked with everyones favorite, also I took the liberty of having comfy chairs delivered for the spectators here at...

MONKEYDOME!!!!

Monkeys fall in!!!

i think all the mpc guys go seepy at 8 o'clock lmao :D

Anyway, we'll get the facts straight on everything before it starts...also, apparently they are in another competition atm and are probably going to hold off until it's over. So I'm guessing we'll have time to organize this rather well.

Anyone volunteer to organize this event? (a folding_monkey of course :) )

Why not start new usernames for the race?

That way you can ensure:
1) Equal standings at start
2) Only truly active folders can compete in it

not really possible. Many of us have borgs that are in places that are not easily gotten to. I have as many as 10 running at a time. but these are mostly remotely monitored and accessable only for maintenance or cold restarts. Also, changing user names on many diskless farm systems is a real PITA!

Back