• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #18

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
This is the 18th in the series of T32 Spotlights! I'll continue to interview members when given a chance. The interviews will appear in a spotlight every now and then as long as the nominations keep coming in! For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

**ps... this is another 'old' interview, so some info could be off/wrong**

You all know who he is as You voted for him! Arkaine is a good guy to know! He doesn't live that far from where I do, actually. I have yet to meet him, but know approximately where he works (within sight of where my dad works at Dow Chemical). He is a Unix admin, and on the few occasions that he is available online, he is a veritable fount of information for linux.

Arkaine23

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team?
That would have been about April 2003.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow team members to know about, what would it be?
I'm a systems admin, so where I work I made an exception in our webfiltering software for my own workstation to be able to fold.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
OC3D

Whereabouts do ya live?
Charleston, WV

How did you initially hear about F@H?
Stopped by the folding forum and discovered Overclockers.com vs Team Rage3d was, well, raging.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
I'm addicted to getting points. And I think its a worthwhile use of CPU time.

What do you do for a living?
Unix Administrator

What do you do for fun?
MMORPG, Bike, Camp, Fence, Build a Linux distro, Build & Overclock Computers.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
Two XP 2400+ @ 2275, 1GB ram, 80GB HDD, Radeon 7500. This duallie is used to develop overclockix, video edit/encode/burn (part of a cluster), serve files, develop my webpage, and general desktop stuff. It runs Linux. It's my fave because its a duallie, and because its in a Lian-Li case.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they?
I've got 7 cpu's personally, and a highly variable number of borgs from friends/family/random overclockix users. . 2x XP @ 2275/1GB, XP @ 2315/512MB, XP @1575/512MB, Petnium-M @ 1.4/512MB, Tbird @1333/256MB, P2@366/192MB

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
I think I used to know the answer to this question....

I've got a profile on myspace, same alias. I've also got pics of some of my boxes at: http://overclockix.octeams.com/farm

Cool, a well deserved interview of a semi old timer for which i have respect and admiration. Thanks again for overclockix, you have helped many to increase their folding production and incresed exposure to linux. :beer:

Troy (aka Arkaine23) has always been very helpful around here and other Linux forums.

He's a great trader too. I bought an old Dell PIII Xeon duallie from him a few years back and it's still chugging along in its new home. I still get to administer it from time to time.

Very nice to meet you arkaine :)

I have read a few of your linux threads and once i get some of my other farm management stuff done (power, cooling, management software), I am going to be reading some more ... and getting my toes and maybe feet wet with some Linux farm critters.

:beer: :beer:

And kudos to Frank for a great interview! :thup:

Back