• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first post, to show my first mod.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WaTTz said:
A+. goodgod FTW !!!!

Lol thanks, I'm still working on getting my mod better, wait for the pp window (sadly it won't be ready until next week or later :eh?: )

The cable job took me 4 hours this afternoon, hiding some cables behind the mobo, and cable tying all that stuff.... I hope you will like it (posting it tomorrow evening)

-Goodgod :cool:

You're right, I used a cheap trashable camera while doing the mod, but it was somehow broken and only 5 or 6 of the 24 photos I had took were good :(

Then I used my father's numeric camera, but it's not a very recent one, and it needs alot of light when not on the flash... I'm planning on buying a good numeric camera this summer :)

Hey man, if this is your first mod and you apparently did this well, it's safe to say you have a talent for this sort of thing!

Welcome to the forums, it only gets crazier from here :D

thanks alot, this really is my first mod ; as I mentionned before, i didn't know anything about hardware or modding in last november, and didn't know how to install a cd-rom drive :D

I learned by myself just from the internet forums and from a friend who assembled my pc pieces in december.

Pics of my cabling job coming tomorrow hopefully :)

zexmarquies01 said:
most people just cut a new fan hold for their first mod :D

I put together a 2x20 character LCD readout for my first mod. LOL you can tell its my first the lcd window in the drive bay clip thingy is all crooked. I havent gotten around to re cutting it.

it took long to get that photo, but here's the cabling job well done :)

I still need to get a molex extension to hide that molex near the HDD but i think i've hidden what i could....or tell me :)

The photos sucks, I know, my dad's camera is kinda old and almost broken...

job27oi.jpg

job12vw.jpg

it will be better soon, i bought a 4 pin molex 12" extension, a coolermaster 80mm uv reactive red silent fan, some red cable ties, 2X 12" 3pin fan extension, a 4pin molex to sata 15pin cable, additional heatshrink tubing and a lazer led cannon.

With these extension my cable hiding job will be much better, and the red fan will be on the side panel along with another orange with uv LEDs. I'll finish the cable job (sleeving everything i bought w/heatshrikn too).

The lazer led cannon will be part of another little mod on my rig, doing it more pp style (check the little paint art below, love my paint skills :rolleyes: ).

untitled6ym.png

The idea is carving a -i pwn noobs- in the middle black slot covering for the 5.25" bays, and sticking some acrylic behind it and lighting the text with lazer led.

Tell me how you find it. :)

Here are more infos on what's to come for this mod, as I'm bumping this thread :p :

-My side window is gonna be cut and installed hopefully this weekend. If so, expect some photos next week :)

-My cabling job will be even better with the Sata power 15 pin to 4 pin molex converter, and a PCI-E to 2X 4pin molex converter (i just found i had this one lol), i'll make sure that the 2X80mm fans on the left of the PP window got a big enough cable (so i'll use the 12" extensions)

-I also decided to order a dual 4" UV cold cathode kit, to make glow all the uv reactive stuff i put in this mod (i realized that the uv LEDs weren't enough). If it looks like overdone, i'll light the case with the red cathodes or the uv ones, one at the time (plugging the uv cathodes on my fan control while the red cathodes are plugged on a pci bracket)

-I'm starting to work on the little -i pwn noobs- mod i've explained in the last post, so that should be done this weekend too.

-I'm looking for some sort of finish for the top, something that will reduce the fans airflow (yes, reduce, to reduce the sound too...and my airflow is so huge anyways) like a piece of pierced metal or rubber, ne1 has idea on how to finish the top?

Thanks for helping me out! :cool:

-Goodgod

WOW that's a very good first mod! nice job man, and welcome!

i'm lovin that -i pwn noobs- thing you're starting haha

thanks alot :)

For the fan grill, i don't know if any knows where i can get something like this (paint artwork again)

untitled2fv.jpg

The grill needs to:
Cover at least 9 cm²
Reduce the fan airflow
Protect like a fan grill

Tell me if you know anything i can buy that looks like this.

Thanks.

Home Depot or Lowes. It is called roofing flashing. It is very thing metal that can be cut with tin snips or a dremel and it is sooo uber 1337 cheap that it pwns noobs.

it could work, but i'm looking for a more specific piece, i dont want to buy a dremel, you know (a friend has one to cut my window, but i can't borrow the tool and i dont feel like making custom metal pieces...)

Last edited:
I've just cut my PP window this afternoon, so i'll be posting pics about it before monday hopefully. Some new stuff is on its way to my door, so my mod will be totaly (or almost - top isn't finished yet) complete next weekend. Keep your eyes on this thread often :) , if u mind .

Ok so the time has come to reveal one of the last stages in my mod, the famous pp window. We want pics!

1) First, to tease you, the cabling job (im going to finish cleaning the cables within next week to make it even better)
cablingnormale8si.jpg

2) Cabling job with lightning:
cablingred4an.jpg

3) Close ups throught PP window:
closeup29yq.jpg

closeupcabling2zf.jpg

closeup3rt.jpg

4) Reverse view, fan shot
reverseview1zt.jpg

sidefanreverse5mr.jpg

5) teh_window! (now that's looking nice!)
sideview20hj.jpg

sidefan5xc.jpg

sideview3kf.jpg

6) Overall = kick-***
overallview9wr.jpg

More coming next week (another side fan - uv reactive red, better cable job, uv cathodes to get full uv effect, more pics, etc...)

Thanks! 8)

Back