• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #15

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
This is the 15th in the series of T32 Spotlights! I'll continue to interview members when given a chance. The interviews will appear in a spotlight every now and then as long as the nominations keep coming in! For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

A couple-3 months back, we had hit the poing right after school borgs started up, and new folders started dropping off. Then it happened. A new 'mega borg'. Someone ratcheting up the charts extremely fast out of nowhere. What was even more mysterious was this mystery folder's name didn't match his forum name. The day we figured out who it was (when he revealed himself), we gained a valuable member of the team, and a great contributer in every sense of the word.

Please welcome and give a big hearty cookie and one of my special brownies to....

Oric

**folds under the name 7horn**

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

So around when did you start folding?
This last October. (2005)

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
Well I just scored a piece of equipment that any technogeek would love... a small robotic library. I know it's slow and don't hold much but come on it's just, well, cool.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
Me and my hobby farm

You do not have to give specifics, but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town?
I live in a little town in Northeastern Nevada called Elko. It sits on I80 and is 240 miles from... well from anywhere.

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I learned about folding shortly after it started up but by then I was all ready involved with Seti Classic. I thought it looked good then but I made a choise to stay with Seti and I did until they gave me the boot on the 15th. Oh well it was a good run.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
I continue to do this because it needs to be done and I don't think there are enough people doing it.

What do you do for a living?
I am the IT Manager where I work. Sorry thats all I can say.

What do you do for fun?
Sleep in, motorsports, computers, BBQ, motorsports, computers, ski, motorsports, computers, play guitar with my youngest son, motorsports, computers,hunt, you know the usual. :shrug:

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Spendin time with my boys. Now that most of them are gone I kinda miss the rotten little monsters. :cool:

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
P4 3.0c OCed to 3.9, 4 x XMS-512 4400 Corsairs, on an Asus P4C800E Deluxe, Homemade CPU water block, Ehiem pump, custom Rad, ATI x800XT Pro(water cooled of course), 4 x WD SATA 250Gig Hdd, DVD-RW + CD-RW, all in a HIGHLY modified Koolance case. Oh and a Soundblaster Audigy2. Man I do everything on this machine, game, work, surf, you name it. I even hook my guitar to it (I have a FretLight).

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they?
Yea I got a little hobby farm its about 45 machines and the average would be 2.8 Prescott with 512M for the most part.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
Goals for me and the farm?... Well that kinda depends on if I can get some more acreage or not. Other Goals in life would be to finish my FJ40 so Dad and I can go wheelin together(did I mention I like motorsports?), get the last monster to graduation day and have him graduate!!!

Oh yeah folks! Another goodie this interview, got us some pics!

Hope ya'll enjoy!

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Actualy Nik Area 51 is down by Lost Wages (Las Vegas).

I would have pics of my home machines but my camera is broke and it aint back from the manufacturer yet. :cry:

Last edited:
Another great interview!! and very NICE to meet you (more) Oric, another fellow ex-seti'er!!! :clap: :clap: there IS a very nice farm you have there my friend!!! :thup:

Fold On! ! ! !

Oric said:

I would have pics of my home machines but my camera is broke and it aint back from the manufacturer yet. :cry:

**waits for pictarz** :(

Oric said:

That doesn't mean there is not something like it out there :cool:

Nice to meet you Oric! Great picutures of you and your boys gnawin' up the desert. But as dicecca112 said, would like to see pictures of the farm, ie: geek pron :D

Great job folding! :attn: :beer: :beer:

Nice to hear about another fellow folder. Nice farm, you have there. Well appreciated; your help with folding

Oric said:
I can't believe you guys want me to take pronografic pics of my machines. :eh?:

I'll see what I can do once my camera gets back from being fixed. :cool:

Pics are great but what about a live webam? :rolleyes:

nice to meet you Oric ... and a good looking family there :thup:

Do you heat the house with that many farm rigs ... or have wind/solar power for them?

Fold on !

:beer: :beer:

Back