• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Complaint Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Ok guys :) we all know how you like to tell everyone how much a games sucks and blah blah blah. yes we all listen, so instead of posting a new thread i nthe forum each time you find something else to complain about, post it in here and keep the forum clean of that stuff :)

It will probably be appreicated by the other members.

Great idea!

Here is my list:

1.) This is a major one, games are waaaay to bloated. We wouldn't be needing quad dual core freakin 7800GTX's in ultra mega 12 card SLI if only they would write games more efficiently. Just about all modern games demand an insane amount of graphics processing power. Games like Liveforspeed still have incredibly good graphics, yet I get about 80 frames per second with the stuff turned up at 1280X1024 on a 9000 Pro!!!!!

2.) I hear modern games make people sick, literally. I just saw a thread on this about HL2, I have seen some of these threads for other modern games with incredible graphics too. I personally have this problem with the FarCry demo, I get a pounding migrane and feel like blowing chunks. Perhaps whatever they are doing to the games that ends up giving us 5 frames per second on an insanely high end video card might be contributing to these health problems when playing the games. Whatever was inefficient in the code might be what makes some people sick?

I thought maybe it was just because they have low FPS, but in FS2004 I get pretty low FPS and I don't have that problem. :shrug: I spend hours on it too.

Games these days are to freaking linear!!!!

The reason for that is because all the game developers are focusing these days is the graphics and not the gameplay itself. I mean just look at COD2. Most disappointing game that I have played last year and up until now. The graphics were nice but that key element (gameplay) was missing, which made the first game so good. People from F.E.A.R. did a good job on both ends, but there was still allot of room for improvements. Only game that I can think off that stands out from the rest of them is the FarCry, which is most underrated game ever made. That game introduced something new and it has/have most impressive graphics that I have seen up to date.

I'm hoping that Oblivion will jump this trend and do something unique, or otherwise I will be ****ed of badly since it's the game that I have been looking forward for a long time now.

Anyways that's just my .02

I agree on the games making people sick. There have been a few games that have twisted my stomach. Also games are getting a tad to demanding on hardware. I think I have a ncie system(altho I could be wrong) a 520 running at 3.5GHz, 2 gigs PC3200 and a 6800GT. With this I get on avg in WoW about 50fps unless in Org then I get around 10 or I get aroun 20 to 30 in Molten Core. Then again I do run a res of 1600 x 1200.

Why don't the planes in BF2 have AMRAAM!! I want laser guided area bombs and auto-targeting helmets like they have in real life!

I agree that games are too short, as soon as I start getting into them, they're over. And then you have to buy the sequel a year later. And am I the only person in the world that thinks $50 is too much to pay for a game, especially when it only takes a week to beat??

I want a new Fallout game! No fancy graphics but solid gameplay and story like the previous games.
I want a new Jagged Alliance for the same reasons!

@md0Cer said:
2.) I hear modern games make people sick, literally. I just saw a thread on this about HL2, I have seen some of these threads for other modern games with incredible graphics too. I personally have this problem with the FarCry demo, I get a pounding migrane and feel like blowing chunks. Perhaps whatever they are doing to the games that ends up giving us 5 frames per second on an insanely high end video card might be contributing to these health problems when playing the games. Whatever was inefficient in the code might be what makes some people sick?

I thought maybe it was just because they have low FPS, but in FS2004 I get pretty low FPS and I don't have that problem. :shrug: I spend hours on it too.
Well, I guess it's a matter of whether they want to use a couple hundred poygons to draw a given curve or a couple billion. . . But at least the choice is left to us by adjusting the video settings. . .

The only thing is that lowering the settings to get better frames always leaves me with this feeling like I'm missing out on the "full experience" of the game. It also makes me feel like my hardware is too weak. . . . But that's ok. Maybe I need a kick to my hardware ego on occasion. :p

Flip-Mode said:
I want a new Fallout game! No fancy graphics but solid gameplay and story like the previous games.
I want a new Jagged Alliance for the same reasons!

They should just use the same old engine, with some more tilesets, and I would be happy as hell (fallout3)

I'm just going whine quickly about SOE screwing my favorite game in the world in the worst place....*sigh*

Vanguard!

OK, I have one helluva complaint now, In games like doom and HL2, it is always wondering around alone in some area for hours and hours and I can't find my way out of it to move on. Like in the HL2 demo, I am just stuck at this point where it takes me to this stupid spinning fan thing. How the hell I am supposed to get around it? God knows. This is so damn irritating. I want to play the game, not sit and try to figure out where to go next for 45 minutes......

try jamming something in the fan ;) I know what you mean though, FPS should be shooters mainly, not figuring out which lever to pull to open a door

I agree that there are too many games that are way too short as far as the story line and gameplay are concerned. I miss the Mafia type games that you would spend possibly weeks playing, just to even be able to get near the end. I think to many newer games emphasize online gameplay vs. just single player. I also do not care for the big push mainly from MicroSoft for console games, I heard last year that they actually want to phase out PC games by a cretain year! Now that's messed up! :rolleyes:

Back