• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3D Mark 06--CPU test---World Record

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Highendtoys

biglist.jpg

Dual Opteron 880's at 2.7 (quad?)
Corsair 3200 reg ecc
XFX GTX 512 (has nothing to do with the test though)

After a short battle today with someone I ended up the winner.

PS, cooling is passive with NH-U 12's from Austia. One of the only sets in the US.

Because I have 4 cores...later on in the week I will be running a quad with four 880's on an NVidia Chipset, an 8 way rig...and two PCI Express 16 slots. Records were made to be broken.

I already know that all 4 of my 880's will run at 2.7. DOes anyone have a killowatt PSU laying around, I think I am going to have to sample one really quick.

lololol dual dual cores.. damn thats nice :p i shudder to think how low my Venice will score, seeing as its only a single cored 2.7ghz chip ;) Grats on the WR ;D

Careface*

Highendtoys said:
Because I have 4 cores...later on in the week I will be running a quad with four 880's on an NVidia Chipset, an 8 way rig...and two PCI Express 16 slots. Records were made to be broken.

I already know that all 4 of my 880's will run at 2.7. DOes anyone have a killowatt PSU laying around, I think I am going to have to sample one really quick.

I bought mine here.

PCP&C 1 KW PSU

Highendtoys said:
...Because I have 4 cores...later on in the week I will be running a quad with four 880's on an NVidia Chipset...

Gautam said:
My lord, do these procs really cost 5 grand a pop?? Might as well buy yourself a car...heh.

A CAR OR TWO!!

wow...i would LOVE to see pics of that thing up and running. and for gods sake, throw 120's on those heatsinks and try for higher! unless the board is maxed...

http://www.winterwonderlan.com/system.JPG

That will is the system as it sits 10 minutes ago. I am going to take a break from 3D Mark and get some work done. Last night I passed out in my computer room while installing regular Windows XP. All of my tests before were on 64-bit. The drivers say they are WHQL certified but Futuremark does not see them as passed WHQL.

Anyhow, the UPS driver woke me up this morning and gave me what might be enough to take the single GPU title too :)

The chips are 2500 here in the states each.

Highendtoys said:
Anyhow, the UPS driver woke me up this morning and gave me what might be enough to take the single GPU title too :)

Let me guess, x1900xtx? lol, give us some 8 core scores.

dan

Gautam said:
He has TWO dual cores, you have "only" one...high end toys indeed. :p Nice work.
Sorry, overlooked that piece. Nice indeed. I think 3DM06 is a POS though. It's very Nvidia biased and has some issues with ATI cards where lesser cards rate higher than better cards.

Back