• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AntVirus Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jakers315

Registered
Ok so me and my buddy have been arguing for a few weeks about our preferances in antivirus software. He uses Norton Systemworks 2006 Premiere Edition, i use Nod32. So I want to know what antivirus software you guys use, im curious to see what other software is out there that i have yet to hear of..who knows maybe one of you guys can prove us both wrong!!

thanks in advance.

I find that argument shallow and pedantic. :)

But in all honesty...NOD32 is the best antivirus, and although Norton isn't bad...it's definitions aren't the greatest and it sucks resources harder than maggie on a pacifier.

In review, NOD32>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Norton, and you>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your friend.

Last edited:
Nod32 is a great antivirus. As for Norton, symantec enterprise versions are better (v.g. less resources issues).

Well I was using NAV2005, until 2006 came along which I upgraded to. It is a resource HOG. Sucked so badly I quit using it. Now i'm using AVG free, because it's just that.

Seems alright I guess.

I use AVG by Grisoft

I trust it, and it is light on resources that I will be installing it on a corperate network to remotely monitor in the near future.

before AVG I was a Norton Enterprise Fan it used few system resources and was always very fast to update to new threats.

Kaspersky. Only Anti-Virus that can compete and beat Nod32. It is updated something like 2-3 times a DAY on average. I have yet to find a virus ridden computer that Kaspersky could not clean up.

I was using Symantec corporate Ver 8. It missed a java based virus, that avg free found. After that personal experience, and a couple of customers who had their norton 2005 disabled, and completely unfunctional (had to be re-installed) I use AVG exclusively.

I don't know if it is that Symantec makes poorly coded software, or if, because they are well known they get more attention from virus programers, but in my experience AVG is better than Norton, or Symantec.

symantec is a bloated resource hog. i'm now using nod32 and very happy with it.

Ive never had a problem with Norton2003 Professional Edition...and I am debating on keeping it...or looking at this NOD32...never heard of it...now Im curious

Back