• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

704 bios for P5WD2-P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've noticed no differences performance wise from 0606. The Asus post screen changed a bit, it now has the newer 'Pentium D' logo.

Sentential said:
Just a heads up BIOS name is not 0704 it is 0619
7044xh.jpg

Well, until I see a changelog for it, other than sporting the new style Intel logo on the splash (which looks like a lousy hack job BTW), nothing I might find useful seems different...but it does work.

I just tried using Asus Update (7.04.01) to go back to BIOS 519 from "704" and it tells me (verbatim):

"Warning! The BIOS image can't use in this motherboard. (The EEPROM Type incompatible.)"

I am going to try flashing back to 519 the "hard way" with a floppy and AFUDOS. If no one hears from me in a couple of days, you'll know it went bad :)

Ross said:
I just tried using Asus Update (7.04.01) to go back to BIOS 519 from "704" and it tells me (verbatim):

"Warning! The BIOS image can't use in this motherboard. (The EEPROM Type incompatible.)"

I am going to try flashing back to 519 the "hard way" with a floppy and AFUDOS. If no one hears from me in a couple of days, you'll know it went bad :)
ya i flashed back from 704 to 519 then upgraded in windows to 606..my best bios for higher ocz :p

Did it give you a warning too?

606 was a tad lower on FSB for booting than 519 was for me, but I am no where near those FSBs on the CM :(

I updated my bios from 0606 to 0704 from dos using Afudos 2.21, when i tried to go back to 0606 i also got an error message telling me that the bios was to old or the bios is not for this motherboard.
All i did to get back to 0606 was to use the older Afudos 2.19 instead of Afudos 2.21 and that sorted it.

Hope this helps!

Back