• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
This is the 8th in the series of T32 Spotlights! I'll continue to interview members when given a chance. The interviews will appear in a spotlight every now and then as long as the nominations keep coming in! For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

This guy is one of those that pops in every now and again, but isn't super outspoken. He is a great guy to talk to and a good teammate on T32. I would say more here and really pump up his ego, but his head dont' need to asplode. :cool: Anyways, I hope ya'll enjoy this one!

He also is a man of VERY few words.

Davekusa

When did you join the Team?
I joined roughly in 2003.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow
teammembers to know about, what would it be?
Not really anything I can think about right now.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
My EOC

So where do ya happen to live at?
Milwaukee, WI

How did you initially hear about F@H?
Front page article on overclockers.com

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
It started because I left my computer on most of the time anyway. #1 Hope this all helps to find a cure someday. #2 I want team 32 to be number one in stats. #3 I'm a points *****.

What do you do for a living?
I turn a wrench at the local Ford Dealer. I like what I do. I'm really glad that I don't hate going to work.

What do you do for fun?
Drag racing. Its a trip. Road trips and Traveling to far exotic places.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Work on my mustang, overclocking and folding.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig?
Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
Abit IS7, Mobile P4 3.46, 1GB Corsiar XMS, WD raptor HD, ATI 9800 PRO
I use this rig for everything. Backing up movies, gaming, Surfing, taxes, homework, training for work.WOW, I've just relized how far I've come since my Atari 400 (16k memory and 300 baud modem)

**Yeah... we all came from day's like that.... I remember my first Powermac 65k.... a grand 5Mbs of RAM, 300Mb HD, and 512k Video

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they?
Farm is 7 rigs.
5 Pentium 4's and 2 celerons.
Includes one broken laptop (no screen)
Soon to be adding one more p4

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with
your life?
My next goal in life is to get a little place in the woods thats nice and quiet.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts!
What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
I want team 32 to be number 1. I will settle for nothing else.

Thanks again for the interview Dave, and if you are lookin' for a quiet place to live, come up WV way sometime. I'll show ya how quiet it is up here in the mountains.

Last edited:
It is good to meet you Dave.
You are a clearly a great dedicated folder! :beer: :beer:

Drag racing ... :cool:

Well done THF :thup:

thanks guys!

but if ya REALLY wanna thank me for these spotlights.... get me some more to do!!!! I've only got about 4-5 more to do that I've got listed... then these are gonna slow down quite a bunch after that without your help nominating people!.

This guy is cool, he even OCs Mustangs. Now thats Olde School Overclocking :thup:
Good to meet you dave and a fellow Ford driver at that :cool:

Although I'm a chevy guy, I'll give props to a fellow gearhead, even if it is a ford.

(Better then Mopar at least ;) )

Drags are sweet, got one about 25 minutes from me and we go a lot, haven't had anything worthy to race thou...

We're gaining ground of OCAU... #1 is coming closer...

godofgorks said:
Although I'm a chevy guy, I'll give props to a fellow gearhead, even if it is a ford.

Drags are sweet, got one about 25 minutes from me and we go a lot, haven't had anything worthy to race thou...

My thoughts exactly. I drive a Z28. Great Interview! :cool:

godofgorks said:

If I'd bought that '69 GTX 440 6pak for $100 needing a oil pump (externally mounted)
we'd see who's got what. :D

Very nice interview.

Hi Dave ! Fold on fellow motorhead !

:attn:

/me rides off on 1980 1325cc Suzuki Drag Bike @ 9.20 / 145+mph
:cool:

wispers in background.... Stay away from 'Dem biker guys..... 'dare Crazy.

Update: Well I seem to have burnt the candles at both ends on a mobile P4 3.33 on a AI7 I had in a desktop. This rig has been flaking out for the last 3 weeks. I have a back up CPU in it now (may also need a MB).
I just picked up a IC7 Max 3 to replace my IS7. Fishing around for a bios, because I can't boot with HT enabled.

I hope to get my production back up to 2500PPD. I think I need to build a farm with all the same parts.

Back