• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about Fatal1ty AN8 SLi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JJG

i was looking at this board but wanted some input before i buy it, will it support the opteron i bought off the forums, the system i want build will have an opteron 148 ( water cooled and hopfully clocked around 3ghz :attn: ) the vid card i was looking at was eVGA GeForce 6800 256MB, not in sli at first but later when i have a bit more money to buy the second card, ram will be the stuff i have in my sig

From past expierience with the AN8 series boards, I will tell it sux. The bios options are awful. Not to mention where the floppy connector is located; all the way under the last pci slot :rolleyes:

Very quirky with ram, and it's a pita to find it's so-called sweet spot ( if it can ever be found). Ontop of all this Abit's customer service ransk up there with the worst.

My suggestion: Stay away from it!

the floppy connecter dont really bother me because i dont even have a 1.44 drive installed :p but i did read about the ram problem a bit

Well after the crap I went thru with them i will never get another Abit mobo. If you're gonna runs stock speed it's ok, but if you plan on ocing get something else as the AN8 series suk @ ocing.

i made a post about anohter board the LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert ( Link ) but i didnt get meny ppl to respond, what do you guys think about dfi board ?

The DFIis wayyy better. Tho the only DFI i had was the 250GB UT NF3, it was one of the best boards I had ever owned. ONly thing about the DFI is all the ram settings. You'll have to be patient and go thru them 1 at a time. Once you tweak it down, the DFI mobo will fly!

DFI is way to sensitive of ram and many other problems people have had with it. I would stay away from the an8 and dfi unless u have tccd or tcc5 thats about the only ram it likes to play nicely with. Otherwise go with the ASUS A8n-sli premium or wait a bit pay about $40 more and get a8n32-sli. :)

EDIT I see you are going to use that tccd in ur sig, the dfi should run good with it since its one of the few types it plays well with. But if you plan on going to any other on the tccd or tccc in the future id stay away from the DFI.

huumm the Fatal1ty AN8 SLi may be an option again.. because the dfi board from what i have read has randomly fryed a few cpu.. i think i might deal wiht some ram prob's over a fryed cpu

I have one, i like it, no troubles at all. Maybe its just operator error? Im a total 939 no0b, and got mine to clock nice right out of the box. DFI? from what ive read, yeah it clocks nice, but.. meh.

And chevelle, that was a pretty helpful post.

Nebulous said:
Hmmmm, interesting. Please elaborate.

What do you want me to say?
This board sux? if you cant clock, turn your burst rate down? I dont know...

I came from an NF7, this is my first 939 board. I love it, its smooth, chocked full of neet-o- features that make me happy. Not to be a bastage, but its new years day, 430 am, and bedtime was 3 hours ago :p my burnt tccd only did 240 on my nf7, cas2, it does the same on this board, so if a no0b with funky corrupted tccd ram can clock it, so can any one else id think. sure it probably doesnt clock as uber high as a dfi, but its rock solid imho.

freeagent said:
What do you want me to say?
This board sux? if you cant clock, turn your burst rate down? I dont know...

I came from an NF7, this is my first 939 board. I love it, its smooth, chocked full of neet-o- features that make me happy. Not to be a bastage, but its new years day, 430 am, and bedtime was 3 hours ago :p my burnt tccd only did 240 on my nf7, cas2, it does the same on this board, so if a no0b with funky corrupted tccd ram can clock it, so can any one else id think. sure it probably doesnt clock as uber high as a dfi, but its rock solid imho.

Same here..

All air cooled:

3DMark 05
CPU-Z

I am glad I bought it. Great board and with great features.

Back