• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GSkill price drop on thier ddr500 2gig kits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have my PDP Ram running at 243fsb, and it's PC3200...

Shouldn't this GSkill ram be able to do at least a 250fsb since it is PC4000? My PDP ram's timings are much looser though, more like 3-4-4-8 :eh?:

protocol_droid said:
Crud, just got mine today. I paid 219.00 two days ago.

I had my bro get a set he paid like $225 last week then they went down again and he called and they refunded him the difference, give it a shot dude, $25 i would be on the phone with egg in the morning.

I paid $255.83 on 10/5 for this memory at the egg. Mine will hit 270 @ 2.8v. $199 is a steal IMO.

I just bought it for $217, but had to RMA as one of my sticks was dead. Maybe I'll call newegg today and ask em for my $18 back, I'll see.

Nice price.

I paid 275 for 1 gig of Corsair TCCD when it 1st came out.

-one of things.... I had the $$ & the memory was there.....

:-/

these are definitely something im looking at for my rig as my other options i have been looking over are all pc3200 and cost more.

im tempted. i got a $150 gift code for newegg and i wanna go up to 2GB. need to sell my expensive corsairs though. =\

Will these work with socket AM2? Or will only DDR2? My mobo has a future cpu slot, so probably?

I just bought an opteron 144, i have pc2700, i hope this ram you posted allows me to OC more!

I started a thread a few days about buying a single stick, so thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!

Joe Camel said:
maybe im just a "timings junkie" but 3-4-4-8 really turns me off :(

on the other hand, "<$200 = 2Gig" turns me on ;)

well for being 1gb sticks and running at ddr500, their timings will suffer some. Some of the other choices on 1gb pc4000 sticks offer timings of 3-4-3-8 but you will be paying $30 ~ $80 more for them. These 2GBHZ sticks have been able to do 3-3-3-8 at ddr500 and on average goto around ddr540 at the stock 3-4-4-8 timings. A guy at the XS forums had some of this ram up to ddr580 and 32m super pi stable. The more expensive choices can and do clock a bit higher i have read, but as you said "< $200 for 2gb" is very nice indeed!

z0n3 said:
I...must...resist...need money for college...and gas...and conroe.
sell your machine gun (as your picture as avatar indicates) and you have money to buy the rams, go to college and sit in your cosy dorm room and play game-instead of going to jail, sitting in a cold sell next to a 300 pounds tattooed sex maniac who loves hugging you to keep you warm.
Your choice, make the call :mad:

Last edited:
Back