• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
This is the 3rd in the new series of T32 Spotlights! I'll continue to interview members when given a chance. The interviews will appear in a spotlight every now and then as long as the nominations keep coming in! For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

It's about time THF got off his lazy..... OH hey! You! Yeah you! Come on in! It's time i tell you a tale from the deepest darkest reaches of T32 Lore. I bring you this time not exploits of grande olde pwnage nor shall I regale you the story of a normal folk. Nay, this time, The story I shall tell will chill thee to thy very soul. It is time that you shall have the story that chills men's hearts passed on to yeself. This story is about the fabled......

*suspense is built, eh?*

JoT

When did you join the Team?

I don't know, but I think it was a little while after I joined, back in '02.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?

Never ever pass someone in an intersection, even if the light is green!

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?

EOC Stats

Whereabouts do you live?

Southern Georgia

How did you initially hear about F@H?

Through the forums, how exactly I'm not sure. I think I wandered into the F@H forum and started looking around.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?

For the cure. My point production has steadily dropped over time, so I'm not concerned about being at the top, but I'd like to have a cure for those in need of it (I will probably need it one day).

What do you do for a living?

Currently I am an office manager and network administrator for a large plant nursery. I mostly answer phones (it's boring).

What do you do for fun?

Nowadays, I have so little time for fun that I don't worry about it. I play CSS on occasion, and spend a lot of time with my girlfriend. Oh yeah, and drive my car stupidly fast

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?

Moderate the forums, when I have time. It's probably the most fulfilling thing I've ever done. It's great to give back to the community that gave me so much.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?

Time for all the folders to kill me. I don't fold on my main rig anymore, as it's too unstable day to day. My main machine's stats are currently two 6800U's (both in need of RMA), a 3700SD on a DFI Ultra D with two gigs of BH5 and two Raptors. This machine has only come about through lots of trades, sales, and Classifieds deals.
***Side Note: Don't worry man, we wont' kill you, we'll just annoy you to death till you get that machine stable and folding for us!

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)

No, I could never raise the time nor money to construct one.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?

I've been working on various certifications so that I can become a real net admin who makes MONEY (something I don't make at my current job). I dunno what my ultimate accomplishment is; I like fast cars and risk to life, so it's probably to die in a car accident .

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?

Never be afraid to ask for anything, the worst that can happen is that they say no.

Glad to meet you JoT :)

It's guys like you that make places like this possible!

Fold on! (hopefully once again on your main rig too :eh?: )

Peter

Nice post here Toll, thanks for giving us some info JoT. Makes for a fun read. I think I can offically now get a bumper stciker that says "I still read.".

2x6800 Ultras... both in need of RMA... wow! Plus BH5... crazy system :D

I can sort of identify with you with fast driving... until I got a bunch of tickets and threw an extra engine in my rear hatch (still isn't out of there dammit) I was always driving like those best motoring guys, except not QUITE as well. It was a slow car though so my only real fast driving was on turns and when I had like 9 miles to accelerate ^_^ Oddly enough all my near accidents and my 1 accident were never when I drove fast...

JoT did the right thing by taking his unstable rig off of folding. The last thing the project needs is trashed WUs.

Just slow it down enough until it's stable. It will fold ;)

Thanx for sharin' JoT and good luck getting into your chosen field.

I've been folding for a long long time, and while I've never made any gains I could actually touch, I know I'm helping someone EVENTUALLY.

And as you can see:
12.05 5,236 50
11.05 13,445 113
10.05 24,231 185
09.05 23,225 153
08.05 38,949 292
07.05 39,994 355
06.05 25,805 275
05.05 31,406 357

My folding production has dropped steadily over time. While I may not be in the points race any longer, I still contributed, and I made it to the top 150.

If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask.

JoT said:
My folding production has dropped steadily over time. While I may not be in the points race any longer, I still contributed......
even just one rig or a whole farm, that's what it count!!!! :thup:

may be I'll owe you a "thank you note" one day!! :cool:

Back