• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK it's Recruitment CONTEST TIME!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pscout

Senior Newbie Cannon-Fodder - R. I. P. good budd
Team 32 Recruitment Contest :santa2: :santa:

The objective of the contest is to recruit NEW members and keep them active. My definition of new includes any past members who have been inactive since before Sept 1,2005.

Honor system will be in place ... I don't want to have to do a lot of work to verify results ... if this contest creates a huge (unproductive) workload for me I may have to terminate it early. I will use EOC stats and OCF membershp as my primary verification mechanisms.

Since we are after new members, I will require that they become a member of OCF. They can already be OCF members but not currently folding as per my definition above of new.

A new member will be counted when the 'NEW member' as defined above, turns in their first WU.
To be awarded prizes, you must have registered the new member in the contest before the first WU is turned in.
I will need you to post to this thread your OCF/Stanford IDs, and the new members OCF/Stanford id's.
I would also like to see each new member post to the New Members sticky.

If you would like, I can donate your QMD prize to another team member or sub team as long as they are on team 32.
You can PM me if you would like it to be a suprise or anonymous.

The (initial) set of prizes are as follows:
(I may have to add/modify these as we go on since the upper limit payout for the contest is my folding farm's capacity)

- for each entry that I can verify id's, I will contribute 1 QMD WU to the contest entrant and 1 QMD WU to the new member.

- for each entry where the new member has continued to produce over the next 2 weeks, 1 additional QMD to entrant and new member.

- weekly prize - starts after 2'nd week of the contest - the member with the most new members still producing after 2 weeks gets about a day's output of my 830's - 6 QMDs - in the case of a tie it will be divided as evenly as I can.

- assuming you haven't swamped me in administering this (maybe i will have some scripting done by then), and that you haven't got my all my future production committed to prizes already, I will keep this going until early in the new year (at least 2 2 week cycles).

Depending on how fast entries come in, I will get you your QMD prizes asap, first come first served. Please be patient with me if this is wildly successful. If I lag behind, priority will go to getting the new members their prizes first.

Contest starts 1 AM EST Dec 13, 2005
(this will allow me to use EOC's CST for stats)

:santa2: RECRUIT! RECRUIT! RECRUIT! :santa2:

Last edited:
tenchi86 said:
What if they are folding under our name? Do we just give you our IDs and use the trust factor?

I had given this some thought in my XMAS ideas thread ... my idea for this contest was to get more active participaing members for the team.
I realize that this may exclude people willing to contribute their processing power and electric $ in a more passive way by just allowing their rigs to get borged.

Since borging already has it own rewards, I didn't think that my little contest idea would really add to or take away from all the good borging that folks are already doing.

But I will give this some more thought before modifying any rules.

So for now, the new member must fold under their own id, at least once to enter the contest, as well as post at least once to this contest thread. To be eligible for the a weekly prize, there must be more than one WU over the 2 week period.

Eligibility for the weekly prize is a valid contest entry during that week (1 for each new member). Payout of the weekly prize is 1 week after the week the sucessful conest entries were made so that i can verify they are still folding under their id's. More entries in a week increases your chances of winning. I reserve the right to add prizes for second place etc at any time! :)

My hope is that if we get 10 new members this way, a few may stick around after the contest period ... even if not active in the fora, at least committed to the FOLDING CAUSE.

It seems to me there are already a large number of active, productive folders on the team, who are not terribly active in the fora, and that is great too. We share at least one common interest ... folding.

Depending on the response to the contest, maybe I will be able to increase the prizes ... if i do this, it would of course be retroactive to the beginning of the contest period. I just don't have a good idea how much of my farm's output I will need to commit, but I will be happy if I have to give away all its ouput! :)

Last edited:
dwschoon said:
I dont know any computer people(Everyone I know calls me to fix their computers), so I have no one to bring in.

I am thinking this might be an ambititious goal ... i will leave the contest open tho.

If it looks like my points won't get overcommitted by this weekend then i willl add one of the other ideas for a bit of xmas fora fun. If anyone has some good ideas, let me know (I am in a giving mood).

Would if I could. But I can't.

edit: Wait! I may know a guy! (who isn't as negative and anal about his computers as the other guys I tried recruiting! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
Max0r said:
Would if I could. But I can't.

edit: Wait! I may know a guy! (who isn't as negative and anal about his computers as the other guys I tried recruiting! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

good luck (and another bump so casual strollers might see it) ....

Sounds like a neat idea. I'm going to watch from the sidelines here, should be a fun contest to watch :). BTW, I hit my goal of over 1k ppd :), I'm currently at 1200+. Take care boys and girls.

- Jim

bumpety bump ... i don't give up easily :bang head :)

sweet sjaak. I've been working on gettin' a certain moderator to join.... i'll release his name if i can ever convince him to borg even a single machine...

I would love to get even 1 entrant into the contest!

Looking at some of the stats, a lot of our folding clan are at school since they seem to have shut down mid dec ... I assume gone home for holiday season break ... so maybe we'll get some action in the new year.

And I expect there will new rig's (and borg materiel) under a few trees to put to good use.

So I will leave the contest open into the new year ...

Seasons Greetings to ALL ... this is a time of the year for celebration, giving thanks, and enjoying family for many faiths.

:santa2: :) :cool: :bday: :clap: :beer:

Back