• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
Due to my recent spate of self-inflicted clumsiness/major injuries... I only managed to get 1 interview done before my self-imposed deadline.

I will try to speed things up and get the dozen or so others who are on my waiting list interviewed.

Anyways, on to sucker...er.... Lucky Number 1!!!!

I'm in white, the interviewee is in Red.

Now who is the person I interviewed?

[builds suspense]

[/building suspense]

Nexus Realized

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date (i dont' think anyone does! LOL).

I joined F@H Team32 around the end of June this year.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?

I just bought an Opty 148 and another DFI Ultra-D should be up and folding for F(OC)LD within the next few weeks. Wheeeeeee

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?

I've got two, one for F(OC)LD and one under NexusRealized I haven't been folding under my name for a couple of weeks now though since I've joined a subteam.

You do not have to give specifics, but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town?

I live in Miami, FL.
Extra cooling IS required :rolleyes:

How did you initially hear about F@H?

I initially heard of F@H on Rage3D's forums about a year ago. I basically saw Folding for Team (Whatever they are) 24/7 and didn't have a clue to what they were talking about. I found the link later on and had the basic jist as to what it was. Later on I joined OCF and read up a bit more on it since I noticed more of an influence here than on Rage. I found stanfords website through some links here on OCF and been folding ever since.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?

I have always left my computer on all day everyday. I figured it was such a waste having the computer on doing nothing but wasting electricity. Folding is a very worthwhile cause and it costs me nothing to participate I was more than happy to lend a hand. I've kept folding for my Old man, he was diagnosed with diabetes just a few months ago and while not severe was still a big blow. To my knowledge F@H isn't dealing with diabetes directly but the fact that it had to do with medical research is what sold me. I know that someone out there has loved ones that have diseases which can be cured someday by folding and for that I will keep crunching away.

What do you do for a living?

I work for a company that handles the helpdesk for a program called eArmyU.com. It is a program for enlisted Army Soldiers who would otherwise not have an opportunity to go to college to do so. They are given a free laptop and free net access and a certain amount of Tuition assistance each year for classes. Alot of the calls have to do with tech support for their laptops, but the majority of them just need to be help with academics. It's a pretty neat program, the laptops suck though. PITA trying to OC one speaking from experience.

What do you do for fun?

Jetski'n, Riding my Bro-in-laws Yamaha Raptor :attn:
Gaming, and Folding. I've given up alot of gaming time to dedicate my rig fulltime to folding and will often times catch myself staring at the EOC stats screen a little too long LOL.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?

Everything listed above

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?

DFI nF4 Ultra-D, A64 3500+ @ 2.7GHz, ATi X800XL, 2x512 G.Skill LE's. It's a pretty good machine solid as a rock. It's my favorite machine cause it's my only machine

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)

I've got the computer listed above folding and my grandmothers 2.8GHz Celery running a few hrs. a day. I got a free PSU last night from newegg so I should have an AXP 2000+ online soon and ofcourse my new Operton rig which HOPEFULLY will be built sooner rather than later. In all I should have 4 machines up and running.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?

I've started going back to school in March after graduating Highschool back in 98' :bang head
It's a pretty big adjustment working fulltime and going to school but I've managed well. With any luck I'll be getting my degree in Pharmaceuticals in a few years, make 6 figures a year and making a giant farm for T32's F@H Team!

Once again, a BIG thanks to Nexus for allowing me to interview him while i was hopped up/down on 3 loritabs at once. Also Nexus (and to all future interviewees), if you read this, remember, if you want to add pics to your thread showing off your machine, or hobbies, etc... or want me to add them to the interview post, just lemme know.

Nexus Realized said:
With any luck I'll be getting my degree in Pharmaceuticals in a few years

:D I'm gonna stay in touch with you Nexus! :beer: j/k... about the Pharmaceuticals part anyway. :rolleyes:

Nice Interview! Keep it up THF!

harlam357 said:
:D I'm gonna stay in touch with you Nexus! :beer: j/k... about the Pharmaceuticals part anyway. :rolleyes:

Nice Interview! Keep it up THF!

See! Just by reading this interview, you have found someone with interest in a field similar to your own! (i assume so anyways!). These can be great fun!

Back