• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIG warning about 144/146/148 Opterons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think someone mentioned that the 148s are not available as well...they are widely available as far as I know. I just ordered one from Newegg; Newegg has stock as well as Monarch.

it sounds like the pipeline has dried up.

i ordered my stuff from Monarch over the weekend, they said they had them in stock........

now i am wondering................

baldy

Last edited:
My 146 is In route to my home town; probably only 6-7 hours away on a FedEx Rig.
If I'm super lucky I'll get tomorrow...otherwise I have to wait till Friday :bang head Oh Well. I hope it's not a CABGE. If it is I'm ordering another and Selling that one on Ebay.....Hopefully (Actually Hopefully I don't even get one in the first place). Well had to tell someone as my friends aren't geeks like I am. Laterz

Hey Tankguys, quick question. Do you still have any 165s left at all because they are absent from your website, and by absent I mean just not there not "out of stock" or anything.

I feel the dual core bug biting again ;)

Mooyo said:
Hey Tankguys, quick question. Do you still have any 165s left at all because they are absent from your website, and by absent I mean just not there not "out of stock" or anything.

I feel the dual core bug biting again ;)

Not at the moment, no. We don't have a single thing... and I can't find anything at any of the distributors either. I've got TONS on order, but most are saying January, if ever.

I am trying to source from one other place... and there is a chance I can get a few more, though I don't know of what exactly. On top of that, I don't know how many I can get, and how much they are going to cost. This whole opteron thing is getting to be a big project :)

Heh I bet it is. Thanks for taking the time to respond TankGuys, I know you must be getting piles upon piles of opty questions.

165s seem to be readily available at ncix. But limited 1 per person i think. If they were rare, I think NCIX would have put it's status to "Taking orders for product" or something.

Cheator said:
165s seem to be readily available at ncix. But limited 1 per person i think. If they were rare, I think NCIX would have put it's status to "Taking orders for product" or something.

Oh, they are rare alright :) I think a lot of stores will still have some inventory to burn though for a few days. If some places are lucky enough to buy direct from AMD they may be set too, otherwise, it may be a while before they get re-stocked as well.

I've had another 20 of those on backorder for a while too, still no dice. I got 15 the other day, sold out within about 3 hours :p

170's and 175's are in low supply right now too, so expect to see places raising prices on them too.

Next thursday I'll have enough money for a 165...but with the way its looking, they won't be in existence anymore :eh?:

Not to add to anyone's concerns, but as of 12pm today (23rd) NCIX does not have any of the 165 in stock. The "BUY" button is available, buttakes you to an out of stock/preorder screen. And while they do have the 148 in stock, they want $270.

However, most opterons (including the 165 OEM) are in stock at Monarch (and no, I don't work there...in fact, I have never ordered from them...as I have been a Newegg guy for years) in either OEM, retail, or both though the prices have certainly gone up.

Also, if anyone is looking for a combo, the sweetest deal out there right now that I have found is probably at Monarch where you can get the 170 for $356 which is only a $4 more than the 165 at $352. This is only available is buying a combo, however, as the regular 170 OEM is at $410 (which mean a $54 savings for the combo which almost covers the cost of the Asrock motherboard). Of course, you still need to have $450 burning a hole in your wallet or the glovebox of your Ferrari

Hope this info is useful to someone.

TankGuys said:
Oh, they are rare alright :) I think a lot of stores will still have some inventory to burn though for a few days. If some places are lucky enough to buy direct from AMD they may be set too, otherwise, it may be a while before they get re-stocked as well.

I've had another 20 of those on backorder for a while too, still no dice. I got 15 the other day, sold out within about 3 hours :p

170's and 175's are in low supply right now too, so expect to see places raising prices on them too.

Looks like Newegg increase the OPTY 170 Retail Box prices from 405.00 to 440.00 overnight... :eh?:

Guess we might have to stick with the X2 3800+...alot of people have been getting some pretty fair OC's on it. Only downside is the smaller cache and possible overclock potential

IS Monarch Really that bad? I ordered a 146 Monday after 2pm for $208 shipped and It arrived at my door at Noon today. So I don't think that's bad, but I honestly don't know how the company works. I'm just glad I got mine and THEN read your post. Otherwise I might be freaking out. lol.

EvilCloudStrife said:
146 now in stock at tiger direct. they are certianly a better company than monarch and thats saying alot (both suck, but tiger being the lesser of 2 evils) somewhere around $208shipped

OEM: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1649757&CatId=2049

RETAIL:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1649706&CatId=2041

get it while its hot (and in stock)
From the site: Usually Ships in 7 - 21 Days This will go on back order - who knows if they'll ever get them.

[reposted]

Seems Dreamhardware may have a few 146's instock .

I did a pre-order about 10-14 days ago with the due date pushed back to today (11/23/05) . Well I checked my order today and it shipped out on the 11/18th and will arrive sometime today :D .
Price for the retail 146 = $152.39+ship :santa:
It says OOS at the moment , but Id bet they have some instock as my order said the same a few days ago . Seems to be a worth a shot at a great price . LINKY .

Will post my stepping later today . ;)

Last edited:
Back