• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Koolance Ram Blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzba11

This is about the coolest looking piece of watercooling equipment I've seen.
One cools two sticks of memory, the only down side is that it's 1/4" tubing. But :drool:

ram-30-v06_p1.jpg

ram-30-v06_p2.jpg

edit: I couldn't resist, I ordered one and some flow converters from SVC.

Last edited:
Its better than the crappy alu heatspreaders that most everyone uses currently. At least this will probably DO something!

doesn't need any more cooling than a fan blowing over them...
That's what the majority said about CPU's as recently as like 3 years ago. Watercooling was far from mainstream like it seem to be headed now ... People still watercooled then too because although it might not NEED it; it can be a good thing to have for a bit of a boost or just one of those things that is brag worthy. Also for people that already watercool and are going for a dead silent system this is a great option. And who is to say that this wont help OC your ram a bit?

Sneaky said:
and its aluminum... :eh?:

hey guys, if you use these aluminum ram coolers in a loop with copper waterblocks, wont it cause rusting from the alu reacting with the copper?

it may cause galvanic corrosion over time... which will be slowed by using antifreeze in your water mixture, but still not 100% avoidable

Nickdeveau said:
That's what the majority said about CPU's as recently as like 3 years ago.
But RAM doesn't run nearly as hot as a CPU.
Watercooling was far from mainstream like it seem to be headed now ... People still watercooled then too because although it might not NEED it; it can be a good thing to have for a bit of a boost or just one of those things that is brag worthy.
Well, there is an undeniable bling factor increase, so it works in that respect.
Also for people that already watercool and are going for a dead silent system this is a great option. And who is to say that this wont help OC your ram a bit?
I could see running a second subloop with a low-flow pump/rad combo that included just this RAM cooler and the northbridge.
That might be interesting.
I'll bet TopNurse jumps all over this piece o'kit.

clocker2 said:
OMG i think ive just met my earthly opposite :eek:

as the unofficial Ghetto Ghod of Overkill Cooling you can imagine how i felt looking @ that thread... :cry:

i didnt think it was possible to use that many 90 elbows... :)

PS my very first water cooling was a Koolance case, those "hose clamps" gave me fits, having 12 of them lil suckers right over my RAM would scare the water right out of me!!

clocker2 said:
I could see running a second subloop with a low-flow pump/rad combo that included just this RAM cooler and the northbridge.
That might be interesting.
That's a pretty good idea, except that you'd have to buy a second pump/rad...I'll report back on how much it affects my loop. I was running 1/2" tubing but now I'm switching to 3/8" to accomodate a new Asetek pump, so I'll be converting from 3/8" to 1/4" after my GPU block, then back to 3/8" going to the radiator :shrug:

hehe thats a nice bit of kit.. me wanna see piks when its all fitted up n runnin.. good luck fuzz

It's not worth the trouble, just like watercooling your chipset! For the time and money that you put into cooling these 2 items you WILL NOT see a gain in performance to validate that cost and time. And you will also not see any type of increase in overclockability. But if you have the time to waste and the money to spend one useless stuff be my guest.

For the time and money that you put into cooling these 2 items you WILL NOT see a gain in performance to validate that cost and time. And you will also not see any type of increase in overclockability. But if you have the time to waste and the money to spend one useless stuff be my guest.

It's not always about performance though. A lot of people watercool for noise reasons, myself included. My memory requires a fan blowing over it to stay cool, and with this, it would be one fewer fan I could use in my system.

But aluminum? That's a disaster waiting to happen :p

people may want a "dead-silent system" but what about the fans on the radiators? Those make noise...

Back