• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Halloween Mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghettocomp

Master of teh Ghetto Mods
Just for giggles, I want to see if there would be enough interest out there
to see me do a mod on a real pumpkin. I mean install a fully operational
computer inside one of those things... :D This would be something similar to
the 90-minute mod I did a while back.

Are you serious!? A operational pc inside of a living pumkin that would be ****ing awesome I think, I'm going to stick around on this thread and see how this turns out.

Are you going to cut a design in the front of it, so it looks like a real pumpkin?
:p

Go for it! Oh, and try and get a sound reactive cold cathode and some halloween music (maybe some Michael Jackson :p). Spooooooky!

Dukeman said:
It's been done...but it could be done better and who better than ghettocomp!
And I thought I had it made :-/
Oh well, I think my finished product will look better!

I saw I had a couple of replies! A couple more and
I may actually get started on this today!

Anyway, I have the Victim.
Either way; I eat this thing (Pie, Bread etc) or I make a computer out of it for
a little while. no matter what, this is going to be fun. :D
Pumpkin1.jpg

I saw an Idea to use CCD lighting, Cool! I only have that
in blue, well :-/ It'll do...
I also have a good Cheap PSU, this one is used, considering
where it will be stuffed, I won't use a new one.
Motherboard/CPU will be the VIA Mini-FLex ATX W/800Mhz VIA
Processor, Same kind used in my 90-minute mod box.
Now to find the Hard Drive, CD rom, and the few additional things
to keep it running.

I think you should do it as there have got to be better ways to do the mod that look better and have better technical effort. Besides, most of our systems are haunted by Windows anyway, why not use a more fitting case?

A real candle, lol. Just get some of those tall fake candles. haha
Anyways I can't wait to see this, where do you think your going to mount this stuff? or are you just going to stuff it in there?
power supply is going into the pumpkin or staying outside with a little hole for all the wires?

Why not make something that resembles a pumpkin so you don't have to deal with the nasty pumpkin insides?

Just an idea...

No worries of rot, the compy will be assembled for Halloween only, and run just for the day. :D Just wanted something different. Beside that I might just carve it up afterwards and make Pie anyway. Gotta Luv Punkin Pie!

On another note; Nearly have everything set to build, still cant find a suitable extra CDRom...and I Aint gonna buy one! LOL! I'M planning on starting in the Early AM tomorrow and try to finish the whole thing by noonish.

Maybe its just me, I think the Cable modem is crapping out on me. I have tried to Edit once the post above, and to post elsewhere twice. Lost connection each time.
Meh. it is winter and I lose Airconditioning to my server closet for the next 8-9 months
Probably have to water cool those rigs... :rolleyes:

OMFG LOL, that scared the **** out of me! The first 1, I'm not even going to do the second and third.

Anyways, ghettocomp I saw you are going to start early AM tomorrow but I have school.

I'll try to check in during school but most likely have to check back and comment after school.

/me really dislikes school!!!!!

Reid said:
OMFG LOL, that scared the **** out of me! The first 1, I'm not even going to do the second and third.

HAHAHAHA ive just swapped them round.. so look out

Tat2monsta said:
Reid said:

HAHAHAHA ive just swapped them round.. so look out

thanks i read his and was all ready for something then nothing happen then i move on and got all exitied to make myown pumkin and then that happens :p

Back