• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your X2 3800+ Overclocks here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi

Hello pplz,

Post your Max overclock of your great AMD Athlon X2 3800+ here

Post in this form

[Core] Post whether your core is a Manchester(BV) or Toledo (CD)
[VCore] Post your VCore
[HTT] Your HTT frequency
[Multiplyer] Your CPU Multiplyer
[Motherboard] Your Motherboard Model
[RAM] Your RAM
[Ram div] Is it Async? If not, what divider do you use
[Cooling] What is it cooled under
[Max] Max overclock, and the heat its running under
[Stepping] Your Processor Stepping <-- New!! Added (Optional)

>>>

[Core]
[VCore]
[HTT]
[Multiplyer]
[Motherboard]
[RAM]
[Ram div]
[Cooling]
[Max]
[Stepping]

<<< Copy-Paste

I hope i can gather enuf results for hitechjb1 to put in his sticky, i think the X2 3800+ is a great chip and deserves such commendations such as earning a graph or so in hitechjb1's sticky :D

And i just wanna see how mine stacks up :D

Last edited:
Me first i suppose :D

[Core] Toledo
[VCore] 1.45v
[HTT] 285mhz
[Multiplyer] 9.5x
[Motherboard] DFI LP NF4 SLi-DR
[RAM] Corsair TWINX1024-4400C25
[Ram div] 1:1
[Cooling] CNPS9500CuLED
[Max] Yes - Summer Heat 48-55

Last edited:
[Core] CD
[VCore] 1.50v
[HTT] 311
[Multiplyer] 9
[Motherboard] DFI LP Ultra-D
[RAM] OCZ PC4800 Platinum Elite
[Cooling] TT Big Typhoon w/70CFM Yate Loon fan
[Max] very close, 2.9 has never been stable with any comfortable volts/temps

[Core] Manchester
[VCore] 1.52v
[HTT] 255
[Multiplyer] 10
[Motherboard] MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum
[RAM] 2x512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR500
[Cooling] Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
[Max] I might be at the max for this chip, but I am hoping for more.

[Core] Toledo
[VCore] 1.502
[HTT] 270
[Multiplyer] 10
[Motherboard] DFI Ultra-D
[RAM] OCZ PC3200 Gold
[Ram div] 166 = 225mhz on the ram
[Cooling] Big Typhoon
[Max] Around 2900.

[Core] Toledo
[VCore] 1.35 +10% (1.5)
[HTT] 270
[Multiplyer] 10
[Motherboard] neo2 plat
[RAM] mix match Geil and Corsair PC4400 a 2.5-3-3-7-12-12-2 CMD1
[Ram div] 183
[Cooling] XP90c with direct AC
[Max] past 1.5 the voltage is hairy so max is limited by board bugs with toledos

[Core] Manchester (BV, E4)
[VCore] 1.4V (just seemed a good thing to do)
[FSB] 245
[HTT] 4
[CPU Multiplyer] 10x
[Motherboard] Asus A8N-E
[RAM] Hynix cheapest 2x 1G DDR400 3, 3, 3, 8
[Ram div] 333/400
[Cooling] Thermalright XP-90
[Max] 2450MHz

I think this is the only A8N-E post in this thread :D

Last edited:
DeepScience said:
I was just wondering that. Having them all together would make for easier buying decisions.

Thats true, and yes, there is already a thread about this. But in that post it encompasses all the X2's. I think the point of this one is to help out the buyers of the x2 3800, which is the only chip with 2 different cores. A lot of people seem to get the idea that one overclocks much better than the other, well, thats usually the case in overclocking. I'd think this thread might clear up a lot of confusion for owners and or potential buyers of this particular processor.

Ill contribute to both this thread and the Official X2 overclocking thread just to make everyone happy. :)

for anyone thinking "all x2's have 2 cores duh!" what shadow means (i believe) is that it's the only x2 with 2 different NAMED cores... the toledo with half L2 cache disabled and the manchester with 512 native

[Core] Manchester
[VCore] 1.5
[HTT] 270
[Multiplyer] 10
[Motherboard] DFI LanParty UT SLI-DR
[RAM] OCZ PC3200 EL Platinum 2.5-4-5-11
[Ram div] 5/6 = 225mhz on the ram
[Cooling] Water temp at full load 39
[Max] Around 2700mhz with 2 instances of Prime95 or 2750mhz with 1 instance running

Last edited:
[Core] toledo
[VCore] 1.55(max in bios)
[HTT] 255
[Multiplyer] 10
[Motherboard] asus premium
[RAM] ballistix 2x1gb pc4000
[Cooling] zalman 9500
[Max] high 50's under dual prime95) high 40's while gaming

2gb.jpg

here is a screenie of my old 2x512 ram on divider with lower latencies....not much difference :shrug:

here is my max overclock, can game for 4-5 hours 1 day, another day cant...to random

f0c098e2.jpg

and here is my daily 24/7 stable setup at 2.55

daily.jpg

1 of my cores is 2.75 stable while the other core can only handle 2.6

2.7 can be stable one day and the next day it isnt...so that is why I keep it at 2.55...not much difference in the benches.... :shrug: maybe if I had more volts to work with...

Last edited:
koontz946 said:
for anyone thinking "all x2's have 2 cores duh!" what shadow means (i believe) is that it's the only x2 with 2 different NAMED cores... the toledo with half L2 cache disabled and the manchester with 512 native

Your not seeing my point, my point is that people are confused about that. The "3800" X2 that has the choice of either a Toledo or a Manchester core. You dont see a 4400 with a manchester core, that is the 4200, there no 4800 with a manchester core, that would be the 4600. Instead of giving the Toledo core 3800 the proper name of the 4000, they decided to stick with the 3800. Get what im saying? Manchesters are half cached toledos, yes, same core, yes, different name YES.

Its the different name people seem to be getting confused about, not knowing that its simply a different name and thats it.

Manchesters aren't half cached toledos, they are a smaller and cheaper to make. I think even the voltage ratings are different. I know on my specific motherboard the people with manchesters are able to go over 1.5 vcore but something about the toledo and this board just wont let you.

Jakalwarrior said:
Manchesters aren't half cached toledos, they are a smaller and cheaper to make. I think even the voltage ratings are different. I know on my specific motherboard the people with manchesters are able to go over 1.5 vcore but something about the toledo and this board just wont let you.

Well, I would think that since most toledos with L2 cache of 1 meg have 512more than the manchester, that would be a huge variable in what it can do. Also, if the manchesters were smaller and cheaper to make, then wouldnt the Toledo 3800's be a different price? I havnt seen different priced Toledo 3800's, maybe I just wasnt looking in the right place, who knows..

voodoothenoob said:
[Core] toledo
[VCore] 1.55(max in bios)
[HTT] 255
[Multiplyer] 10
[Motherboard] asus premium
[RAM] ballistix 2x1gb pc4000
[Cooling] zalman 9500
[Max] high 50's under dual prime95) high 40's while gaming

2gb.jpg

here is a screenie of my old 2x512 ram on divider with lower latencies....not much difference :shrug:

here is my max overclock, can game for 4-5 hours 1 day, another day cant...to random

f0c098e2.jpg

and here is my daily 24/7 stable setup at 2.55

daily.jpg

1 of my cores is 2.75 stable while the other core can only handle 2.6

2.7 can be stable one day and the next day it isnt...so that is why I keep it at 2.55...not much difference in the benches.... :shrug: maybe if I had more volts to work with...

The way I look at it is different frequencies need not only different volts, but different temps as well. Heat is by electrons going crazy, they are moving so fast that they give off heat. The faster your going, the easier it is to go out of control, know matter what road your driving on (unless of course you want to be stupid and jump a bridge, you better hope your going fast enough!!) unless you have better tires, suspension, etc.

So if you have a processor running at 2ghz and its at 34celcius, and the same processor, same temp, at 2.7ghz, its still gonna be easier for the higher clock to be unstable. So calming thoughs electrons down, lets say you would need to make them run in a straighter line, so cooling them down a bit would calm them down. For example: You can jerk the steering wheel slightly at 40mph and still be in control, but if you do that at 80mph, youd better hope to have a roll cage. Hope that makes sense to you.

ShadowClock59 said:
Well, I would think that since most toledos with L2 cache of 1 meg have 512more than the manchester, that would be a huge variable in what it can do. Also, if the manchesters were smaller and cheaper to make, then wouldnt the Toledo 3800's be a different price? I havnt seen different priced Toledo 3800's, maybe I just wasnt looking in the right place, who knows..

heh... maybe you were the one who didn't quite get the toledo vs manchester debate.

x2 3800+ manchester = 2 manchester cores, with 512kb L2 cache PER CORE
x2 3800+ toledo = 2 toledo cores, with 1MB cache PER CORE, with HALF of each PHYSICALLY disabled (cut, burned, whatever - half of the 1024kb is disabled), giving each core 512KB, and the same (general) specs as manchester (overclockability aside)

koontz946 said:
heh... maybe you were the one who didn't quite get the toledo vs manchester debate.

x2 3800+ manchester = 2 manchester cores, with 512kb L2 cache PER CORE
x2 3800+ toledo = 2 toledo cores, with 1MB cache PER CORE, with HALF of each PHYSICALLY disabled (cut, burned, whatever - half of the 1024kb is disabled), giving each core 512KB, and the same (general) specs as manchester (overclockability aside)

No no no, I understand completely, haha, I wasnt saying per core because I assumed you knew what I meant, HAHA, im sorry but thats to funny!

[Core] Manchester
[VCore] 1.41V
[HTT] 250
[Multiplyer] 10
[Motherboard] DFI Lanparty Ultra-D (6-23)
[RAM] OCZ Platnium DDR400 2x1GB (OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K)
[Ram div] 2/3 ? Running at DDR500
[Cooling] TT Sonic Tower w/120mm Antec Dual Ball Bering
[Max] 250 x 10 = 2500Mhz (note: maximum not known)

50343728.jpg.gif
original.jpg.gif

Back