• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Toronto Area LAN?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
Me and Zulu have been talking, and decided to make a new CanadaLAN thread to see what kind of OCF interest there would be in having another (better organized ;)) LAN event.

We have no solid ideas on venue or date, and figured that seeing what kind of interest there is would be a good place to start off.

SO, whats the word? Is there interest in another CanadaLAN? :)

Since felinesuz will be busy for a while, I will be takig down names to see how much interest we have... So.. if you are interested, or have any ideas, just shoot me a PM, or post in this thread..... Thanks All!

Current List:
felinusz
Zulu-1
9mmCensor
DeRusset (Maybe)

Last edited:
After the new year?

I think X-Mas break is out, because everyone has obligations around then.

Can it be closer to Monteral?

I know Crimedog and I won't be going all the way to Toronto again.

fishy, we would be willing to host it almost anywhere, but we are just trying to find a place to hold it... if you could find a place near ottawa, that would be great, but so far the only idea we've come up with is to rent a room of a rec centre... it wouldnt have internet, but it's our only idea so far... if anyone has ideas, it would be VERY helpful...

Zulu-1 said:
fishy, we would be willing to host it almost anywhere, but we are just trying to find a place to hold it... if you could find a place near ottawa, that would be great, but so far the only idea we've come up with is to rent a room of a rec centre... it wouldnt have internet, but it's our only idea so far... if anyone has ideas, it would be VERY helpful...

Sounds like someone should by a house.

uhh.... well... i live in a townhouse, and i think felinusz is in an apartment... thats not really an option, unless anyone else is willing to open their house up :p

Ad Rock said:
Montreal would be sweet, since I could attend this time. I would proboly be willing to do Ottawa as well, but TO is just too far of a drive for me.

Oh, damn, you moved to the east coast.

Come down to the Boston Lan.

I promise it will rule.

I might be in Burlington VT in 3 weeks, we should met up at the ti*** bar ;)

deRusett said:
might be buying one next summer, either school or house. but it will be even more out of the way then Toronto was for ya

I'd fly out for the week in that case, and tell your girlfriend to invite her cute friend ;)

I am very interested, if it stays in the GTA area. (Anywhere in Durham, Toronto, Peel regions, or even Niagara region is great for me.. but I would prefer somewhere around Oshawa..).

I can assist in the organization of it.

I have a nifty firewall that I just finished building, specifically for lan parties that I can donate to the cause. I can probably also borrow a large switch or two from work (no hubs this time!). I'd suggest a school gym, but they generally don't come with any internet connections).

I've been wanting to throw my own lan around Oshawa for some time, but I just don't have a location large enough with internet access.

Back