• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free Opera

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Smokeys said:
Too little too late IMO.
They have had a decent browser all along (with the exception of early version 5, which was just horrible). Has a bunch of features I wish firefox had... predictive forward/reverse, a _very_ fast interface, quick load times, built-in mouse gestures, etc. For speed, opera wins.

The only thing I wish it had was the plugin support... that's the only thing keeping me from switching is the functions of Tabbrowser Extensions (even though it's very slow), it allows me to control every aspect of how it works, along with other nifty plugins like Greasemonkey and Bookmark Sync.

Oh yeah I agree that they do have a good fast browser but from what I've seen fewer people know about Opera then they do about Firefox/Mozilla. Their years of being the only pay browser has killed any market share they might have (hard to tell because of the IE spoofing but I'd doubt its much).

Yeah, I believe they just stopped spoofing IE... As of my 8.02 version, they were still spoofing IE by default, but I swear I just read something saying that they would be stopping that.

Mine defaulted to mozilla. I changed it to opera and had a few more issues, back to mozilla.

IE is still in option in the latest

Nice.

One down. Two to go.

Let me login to more websites I have legitimate access to (which is probably due to IE spoofing)

...and give me more useful features - or at least let other people program extensions

At the very least...make a feature available BEFORE Mozilla does it.

lol ^^^ theres a ton of features that opera has that firefox doesn't. I won't elaborate, but look on the opera site.

I wonder if us suckers that paid for it in the past that can get a refund!!! LMFAO!

Yay, mouse gestures

So useful :rolleyes:

methinks you need to experience Firefox, and REAL extensions

Back