• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most boneheaded OCF member?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Similiar to Clumsiest forum member thread but instead of physical injury, it'd be injury to your pride :D Mistakes that have people putting the big L on their forehead.

I'll start. Earlier today I was dumping pictures off of the memory stick and then I took the stick out of the reader to put it back in my camera. But the camera I thought I left on my desk wasn't there anymore! I spent the next 15 minutes looking for my camera! When I found it, it had been in my other hand the whole time!
2.gif
Duh!!!!

4GHZ_or_bust said:
Similiar to Clumsiest forum member thread but instead of physical injury, it'd be injury to your pride :D Mistakes that have people putting the big L on their forehead.

I'll start. Earlier today I was dumping pictures off of the memory stick and then I took the stick out of the reader to put it back in my camera. But the camera I thought I left on my desk wasn't there anymore! I spent the next 15 minutes looking for my camera! When I found it, it had been in my other hand the whole time!
2.gif
Duh!!!!

hehe, ive done that a few times :D

I cant think of any right now though..... :eh?:

went swimming with my sunglasses resting on top of my head, to have them fall off... yeah... i loose sunglasses like...like some people here go through hardware :p

Hmm, I remember the first time watercooling. being the perfectionist that i am i carefully and neatly route all my tubing in the perfect way. Check pump, rad, blocks,rez evrything.............or so i thought. I fill the system and power on, no problem. Then it starts leaking. I shut the pc off and check and recheck. Fill and power on, no problems so far.. next thing i see this small flow of water comming from the bottom of the case. Now mind you i refilled the system like 4x already. The 5th time i say lemme check 1 more time. Come to find out i did'nt tighten any of the clamps! Not 1 singel clamp was tightened! :eek:

Can you say Bonehead? :rolleyes:

Okay, some 10 years ago my youngest daughter was a very active two year old. I was conditioned to always be on the alert as she could be into anything in seconds. One day I was walking around the house with her in my arms when I got paniced that she was quiet and might be into something. I put her down and went into the other room to see ahat she was up to. Dumbest thing I have ever done in my life. It is a good lesson in how parenting overwhelms people. (I did this sober!!!)

When I was 10 years old my stepbrother and I were chopping down this half-dead tree that was in our woods for the heck of it, only about half the trunk was left which was now about 15 or 20 feet tall. When it fell, I ran in the wrong direction and it hit me in my head, then my shoulder, and pinned me by my legs. I'm probably lucky I don't have any brain damage, it was pretty heavy, probably 5 or 600 pounds. Took my entire family to get it off.

Few years back I was doing some body work on one of my cars, and I was using my sander/buffer, to grind off paint and rust. 95% of the time I use it just as a buffer with a foam pad, and from time to time you need to stop and check your work, and let the paint and metal cool down. The sander/buffer doesn't have a clutch so it doesn't stop spinning instanly. Normally I let it spin down a bit and just stop it by resting the pad on my thigh. Works fine if I'm buffing or compounding something. Unfortunately, I forgot I wasn't buffing paint, and I had a 48 grit sanding pad on the thing. Tore through my pants and into my leg pretty good. Scar still hasn't gone away. Live and learn I geuss. :rolleyes:

Jumped into a rather high surf, Southern California. Hit by a wave-A really big one but no problem..I was havin' fun! well after being beaten into the sand a few times. I managed to get up and head for the beach when I realized I had accidentally left my glasses on and lost them. They probably are nearly in Hawaii by now. :rolleyes:

Driving home was a little ...difficult... that day

Back