• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unconfirmed, but Newegg Planning to Ship to Canada Starting October

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aslan

Evil Techie said:
Newegg is planning for an October launch date for their crossborder shipping method to provide their service to the Canadian consumers.
Shipping fee will be all inclusive with brokage fee included when you go checkout on the website. UPS will be the courier and the final purchase prices will be very competitive. Shipping fee will be kept as low as possible so please just be patience and see what the rates will be like because this is a special deal NewEgg is working out with UPS.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72182

The only problem with this is they are planning to use UPS to ship, which is absolute idiocy IMO, but hopefully there will be a special deal to avoid brokerages as mentioned, akin to what Tigerdirect uses.
All in all its great news for us Canadians, as we finally have access to Newegg. :)

Last edited:
UPS IS bad. poorly packaged or well packaged...it doesn't matter...it's smashed and damaged when it gets to you no matter what.

Everytime I get a package send through UPS the box is falling apart when it gets to me.

telexen said:
UPS IS bad. poorly packaged or well packaged...it doesn't matter...it's smashed and damaged when it gets to you no matter what.

Everytime I get a package send through UPS the box is falling apart when it gets to me.
I've personally never had that problem. Only DHL has had a box come to me like that, and it was my $500 7800GTX :-x

You are right; Newegg has a scheduled launch date for all customers in Canada. If you feel that you have been left out of all that Newegg has to offer, you can feel better knowing that beginning October 10, 2005 you will be able to begin ordering from Newegg. We are unclear about the shipping methods, pricing, and fees, but you can be sure it will always be kept Newegg style with pricing.

Thank you for your patience Canada!

Newegg Customer Support

Great! Great! Great!!!

I also hope they avoid UPS. I had just bad services with them (overcharge, delay, and even address errors...). One time, the shipment past three time the lines! ;P LA to chicage, chicage to toronto, toronto to NY, NY to montreal.. lol

The best way to ship to canada is USPS!! Only good services with them, didn't get any customs charges to date...

Yes, using UPS will definately kill off any bargains. Brokerage fees are REALLY high! I think USPS is the only solution. Only a $5 handling fee.

I completely agree with the rest of you. USPS is the best way to go unless NewEgg gets some kind of deals with UPS that we are unaware of. UPS also has a tendancy to destroy packages that aren't reinforced.

Well I dont know about u guys. But if thay make the deal like Tigerdirect does, then we dont have to worry about Brokerage fees.

Like, I know if I order from Tigerdirect.ca, they ship it from USA and comes by UPS, yet I dont pay any brokerage fees, I HOWEVER, pay my 15% tax charged during the order....but then u have to think....that 15% takes away all my savings anyway. Another reason I dont shop from then much anymore...

Anything expensive I gotta just calculate the taxes getting from Ncix and aviod the 8% tax and pay only the 7% tax vs the shipping cost.

w00t! As long as its USPS used.... no one likes buying a $10 item and paying a $25 brokerage fee from UPS :mad:

Wait, On second thought....is there going to be a Newegg.ca or maybe an option to change all the prices on the site to canadian so we dont have to convert funds?

Aslan said:
The problem with UPS is that they charge insane brokerage fees. USPS would be nicer as they charge only a flat $5.00 Customs fee + Tax.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

Well on problem
the

USPS = United States Postel Service does not deliver in canada - it would be passed on to the Canadian postal service

UPS would do it straigh thought and id ont see why UPS would charge more to clear it via customs then a regualr mail systems / customs would charge you anyways.

October 10th eh? Just in time for my birthday :D (20th)..........

please consider using USPS

as UPS, FedEx, and DHL, all charge astronomical (from other sites) and the boarder/brokerage fees, would stop almost all sales from canadians....

USPS is the way to go, as they dont have brokerage fees on items with a value of under $50, and even then its only 6% i believe, compaired to the 15%and up fees inplicated by the other 3

Mr.Guvernment said:
Well on problem
the

USPS = United States Postel Service does not deliver in canada - it would be passed on to the Canadian postal service

UPS would do it straigh thought and id ont see why UPS would charge more to clear it via customs then a regualr mail systems / customs would charge you anyways.

Yes, we know that USPS does not do the actual delivery, but I buy from the USA a lot and by far having USPS pass on packages to Canada Post(which I like far better than UPS as well) is the most simple, economical, and problem free method of delivery.

I will say this right now so that if Newegg Support sees it... if you guys use UPS I will NOT buy from you, unless you get some sort of special deal going with them, they have burned me on high brokerage fees too many times.

Back