• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All 4 power connections for the NF4 Series, circled and labeled!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flip-Mode

JoT said:
I might make this a sticky if someone circles all the connections :p
Wish granted.
lp11to.jpg

OK, this makes me sound like a DFI noob, but do you have to plug a connecter to the floppy connecter? And what does it do? There is nothing in the manual that mentions it.

Yes, more or less. It aids in powering the insanely power-hungry PCI-E bus (I found this on my quick-start guide).

Finally, you have no idea how many people asked me why their DFI NF4 board isn't booting up and its because they didn't use all the power connectors.

Now I can just use this as reference instead of circling all the connectors myself, thanx Flip :thup:

RedDragonXXX said:
Finally, you have no idea how many people asked me why their DFI NF4 board isn't booting up and its because they didn't use all the power connectors.

Now I can just use this as reference instead of circling all the connectors myself, thanx Flip :thup:
Welcome

Well, okay... I've been running mine all this time without the floppy conection...

I didn't realize what it was. I was thinking it might be a PWM fan onector or something. Ah well, I guess I'll have to connect that when I get home.

Cool!

RedDragonXXX said:

Sweet! Didn't realize what the use for this sticky was til I read that Red...thx I guess lol

a 20pin thermaltake 480w butterfly works fine with this motherboard just ignoring the extra 4 pins. i had the floppy and molex plugged in though

i had the following

DFI UT NF4 SLI-D
Thermaltake Butterfly 480w
AMD 3200 Venice (2ghz)
7800GTX (xfx)
1024mb RAM (corsair value ram)
2x SATA hard drives (raid 0)
1x IDE Hard Drive
1x DVD RW
4 80mm standard case fans

So far I'm running my new board with just the Intel connector and the full 24 pin connector in for power. So far I haven't needed the extra molex or the floppy connector. We'll see how it turns out ;)

NoMeD said:
So far I'm running my new board with just the Intel connector and the full 24 pin connector in for power. So far I haven't needed the extra molex or the floppy connector. We'll see how it turns out ;)

Me too. I did have some problems when booting from a cold start but the latest bios seems to have addressed it.

Do I need to plug in more power connectors??

ddawson said:
Me too. I did have some problems when booting from a cold start but the latest bios seems to have addressed it.

Do I need to plug in more power connectors??

If DFI puts it there its soposed to be there, I ren a 20PIN PSU for few months and then one day it started giving me trouble so there is something to what DFI says.

so,the intel plug gets one of the atx12v plugs from my ocs PS?even though ill be using a amd.

maybe we could also address which sata slots are best for overclocking and ram slots?also is there some kind of sata lock in bios?

Ec]-[oMaN said:
maybe we could also address which sata slots are best for overclocking and ram slots?also is there some kind of sata lock in bios?
SATA is already locked I think, I still use IDE so I would have no idea but if I remember correctly ppl at dfistreet.com have had the best results with ports 3 & 4.

Back