• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice for setting up Ram ( X2 440o AMD )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Ok I finally got the processor running stable at 2750..(X2-4400) DFI-SLI-DR main board With G-Skill 4400 LE

But the ram eludes me,,I have followed some other peoples settings BUT I think possibly I have 1 or 2 settings wrong for my system BUT I am clueless as to what I should change first.

It is rock stable at these settings,Super Pi,Prime 95 and games perfectly as well as runs flawlessly..However I would like to tighten it up as much as i can so i figured someone could offer advice ?

Ok I am at 10x275 ( x 2.5 )

Here from top down is how I have it set.

CPC enabled
TCL: 2.5
TRCD: 4
TRAS: 8
TRP: 4
TRC: 11
TRFC: 20
TRRD: 2
TWR: 3
TWRT 2
TRWT: 2
TREF: 3632
TWCL: auto
DQS SKEW: increase
DQS SKEW VALUE : 200
DRAM DRIVE STRENGTH: 7
DRAM DATA DRIVE STRENGTH 3
MAXASYNC LATENCY : 08
READ PREAMBLE TIME : 5.0
IDLE CYCLE LIMIT : 64
DYNAMIC COUNTER: ENABLED
R/W QUEUE BYPASS: 16X
BYPASS MAX: 7X
32 BYTE GRANULATION: DISABLED 4 BURSTS.

Up the TRRD and TRWT to 3, lower your TREF to 3120, up the DQS SKEW VALUE to 255. Try changing these all at once or first do TRRD&TRWT at 3 and if that's not stable, keep them at 3 and change the rest of the settings as I provided above.

Hope that helps.

P.S. At 275MHz you should be able to do 2.5-3-3-6/7 with the LE's.

Last edited:
Thanks I set it and will try a benchie and a game to make sure I am still stable..

The setting that I gave you above will give you better stability but if you want performance then you should do it at these settings:

7 - 11 if not stable
15 - 20 if not stable
2 - 3 if not stable
2 - 3 if not stable
2 - 3 if not stable
3072 - 3120 if not stable
Increase
Enable
16X
7X
Disable 4 Burst

Also remember that these are TCCD's and not TCC5 so don't go over 2.9V on the Vdimm. At 275MHz and these settings 2.8V should be enough.

Last edited:
Ok perfect .. I can run those settings and it is stable in Pi and sandra as well as battlefield 2 for a round..Not a perfect test but Bat 2 usually gives me big issues right up front if my memory is not stable..

You rule >

diehrd said:
Ok perfect .. I can run those settings and it is stable in Pi and sandra as well as battlefield 2 for a round..Not a perfect test but Bat 2 usually gives me big issues right up front if my memory is not stable..

You rule >

Always glad to help the fellow OC'ers :D

Back