• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Retired Sticky]How do you fill/refill your cooling loop poll (July-Dec 05)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How do you fill or top up your coolant loop?

• With a t-line.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • With a reservoir.

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • With another method. (please give details)

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
This poll is one of a series of polls designed to give members the opportunity to see what the membership as a whole have chosen in regards to some of the more common cooling choices. This particular poll is for members to show what kind of cooling fluid fill/refill method is being used by them. It will also give anyone who feels the need, the opportunity to explain why they have chosen that method and possibly help others decide on what their next cooling fill method will be. This poll, along with the others will be stuck in the appropriate section and will be open for six months, after which a new poll will be set in place to allow future members to show their choices, current members to list any changes in their choices, and to allow members to track shifts in trends over an extended period.

Having said that, how do you fill or top up your loop, do you use a t-line, a reservoir or another method? The "another method" could be anything such as immersing the whole system underwater and then, once it has been filled, sealing it up completely before removing it from the water or using both a t-line and a reservoir. As always, please give any detail you think may be of use to others, especially if you have an unconventional setup.

Once again I'll get things rolling. I use a single t-line which sits between the outlet of my block and the inlet of the heater core and is physically at the top of my loop.

I use a T because it doesn't take up a bunch of excess space and will never leak because of some of the plastic cracking (such as some reservoirs have a problem with); it also is completely sealed so I can turn my case upside down and every which way and it won't leak, this is especially important to me, because I carry this sucker to LAN parties. It also makes running tubing a lot cleaner and keeps the flow of coolant high.

Res, although my next waterloop may have a T, but T's always look kinda ugly to me, i'd need to find a good way of implementing one.

Reservoir here. It's custom built out of a peanut butter jar, and my case is also massive and I find asthetically, reservoirs look nice.

Dual res and a T-Line for me. Here is a pic of my 2 reservoirs. I need 2 to feed my dual pumps in series and to keep my monstercore feed with plenty of coolant. I have modified the second res now to match the first maybe I will take a pic and update this post tonight.

Dual_Res.JPG

Overall pic of WCing comps for my new setup.

WCing_Setup.JPG

The T-Line is going to be used for strictly draining the coolant.

How about some updated pics now that it is finished

As you can tell the difference is Night

and Day

Last edited:
BTW PPL. Res are not expensive...you could buy one sure, but why not make one? I had a friend make one out of a 2 dollar nalgene bottle. I plan on making one with a smaller Aladin lexin bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back