• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Hardware Destruction Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Welcome to the hardware destruction thread!​

Many thanks to JoT for the glue :D

Do you love to test your propane torch? Does the sledgehammer sitting in the corner need a workout? How about testing the laws of gravity, or checking the terrain worthiess of your vehicle?

There is one answer to all these questions! Test it on a piece hardware, which has given you grief, or refused to obey your commands :)

Rules:

-Safety First! If you don't know what you are doing..better stop now!
-The hardware should be your personal stuff! Its not cool to bash up other people's hardware! :D
-Pictures are a must! Your contribution is meaningless without pictures!
-Try to provide a cool caption :)
-Please keep the subsequent discussion civil. Nobody wants to hear about how its a waste of $'s etc. Whining destroys the purpose of this thread, which is to have some clean fun :D

Let the games begin!

Disclaimer*
Neither I nor overclockers.com are responsible for any consequences, either direct or incidental, resulting from your actions. You are responsible for your actions. Please take full safety precautions before you attempt anything.

Last edited:
I liked the initiative, let me start off by bashing my maxtor (just happened in the garden)

It had stopped working on me about two years ago and has been lying dead on the shelf all that time. Prior to the hammering, i loosened the screws on the top cover.

Attachments

• maxtor hdd kill.JPG
    maxtor hdd kill.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 3,177
Last edited:
Stuck for educational and destructive purposes.

9600XT meets pliers

attachment.php

ooo, the 4th is just around the corner...plenty of time to play with some toys...like an acetylene torch... :D

Super Nade, I would like to say that all of your big, "official" type posts (like this one) have had awesome use of color and excellent formatting...Nice big title, indents, all of it looks awesome.

One thing I would like to ask though: "The hardware should be your personal stuff! Its not cool to bash up other people's hardware!" What if they give you permission?

its still not as fun nor anywhere as satisfying as when you destroy something of your own that decided to stop working :p

^^ Now THATS what I'm talking about...

I really like that idea about the cotton ball in front of the can...I always just used a lighter, and burned my finger in the process :D . Gotta try that sometime.

LoneWolf121188 said:
^^ Now THATS what I'm talking about...

I really like that idea about the cotton ball in front of the can...I always just used a lighter, and burned my finger in the process :D . Gotta try that sometime.

yeah, thats my new flamethrower method...

btwm once you get a single spark goin, you DON'T need to keep the flame in front of the gas, the gas will provide the flame enough to keep going

To make this more fun, I've decided to start a little competition here. Winner gets all the game CD's that came with my XFX 6600GT. The winner may destroy them and attain immortality.

Check the first post for details.

Super Nade said:
To make this more fun, I've decided to start a little competition here. Winner gets all the game CD's that came with my XFX 6600GT. The winner may destroy them and attain immortality.

I'm throwing in some prizes as soon as i find a piece of hardware unused but working.

Oh, yeah, also expect some new input by me after i return from holiday ;)

Back