• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

There ain't gonna be no crack in dis hizzouse!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MassiveOverkill

I was sweating bullets removing my IHS, and wanted some extra protection putting the water block back on, so I cut up some of the pink foam padding that comes with some mobos and made a cushion for my bare Vennie. The Shin Etsu hasn't settled yet, but my temps are now 32/41 down from 34/48.

I'll retry overclocking in a bit to see how she runs. I also redid my Kingwin water cooling setup with 3/16" vinyl tubing to replace the crappy.......porous stock silicon tubing. Hopefully I won't have to refill as often, plus the vinyl tubing is clear, unlike the cloudy silicon tubing, so dye should show better.

NoCrackThisCore.jpg

This might seem like a dumb question, but couldn't that trap heat? Preventing air from circulating around the core. The reason I ask this is because I once had a mobo that had foam on the bottem of the heatsink to prevent from cracking the core, but actually trapped the heat inside.

Thanks Flip. Nitro, I really don't think it will make a difference, and if did, I wouldn't think it would be more than 1 or 2 degrees F. The added insurance is worth it to me.

Great idea, however with that stuff being so close to the die how well do you think it will fair under the higher temps?

-Fb

Back