• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Denali EC's Extreme New Case (like you would expect anything less)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electron Chaser

Senior Delta Fanatic
Why the name
No it is not named after an SUV. It is named after an actual place and has an actual meaning.

The name comes from the Athabascan Indians and translates into "High one". It's other more common name is Mount McKinley . The highest and largest mountain in North America. It is so large in fact that it has it's own sub-artic eco-system.

Ok so why did I name it that?

The pictures should say the rest. I will post more as I continue to develop the project.

This is the height
Height.JPG

width is 24" depth is 12"

Side_Unfinished.JPG

Front_Unfinished_Cutout.JPG

Front_Unfinished_Matrix.JPG

Front_Left_Unfinished.JPG

Laying out and cutting the front so I could mount the Matrix bezel was extremely complex and time consuming. Of course I am still in the beginning stages of this and I have a lot of work left to go. I have a lot of surprises in store and a lot of new ideas that I will be proving out with this case.

Last edited:
Update 6/12/05

Well I had a few hours to work on it this weekend and I managed to at least mount my finished Bezel layout and setup my new LCD that I am going to mount in the front of the case and configure it. I will probably cut out the hole to mount the LCD screen as well as the LCD screen for my Mach II tomorrow. Anyway here are a few pics. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

My 4" LCD screen setup to show MBM nice and clear.
New_LCD.JPG

Front of case.

Bezel_1.JPG

Bezel_2.JPG

6/19/05 Time again for my weekly update. Window added.

Window1.JPG

Last edited:
Sentential said:
Good lord man.... you're gonna need a generator to power that thing

i think he'll need 2, he has to power his fans after all

why the heck is everyone building giant cases now?

That is one huge case. I have to know, why did you use the matrix chiftec front on the case? Are there modding plans for it, or is that going to be the front?

subtotal said:
i think he'll need 2, he has to power his fans after all

why the heck is everyone building giant cases now?

Yes we can't forget about the fans, LOL

I don't know if everyone is going to a giant case. But the small cases with the 20 pounds of crap in a 10 pound bag have been played out. Not too mention being they are a pain in the butt to work on.

I have a lot of items going into this case. and I wanted it all to fit properly with plenty of room between components for maximum cooling.

DeViL_909 said:
That is one huge case. I have to know, why did you use the matrix chiftec front on the case? Are there modding plans for it, or is that going to be the front?

I always liked the Matrix Front Bezel. Yes that is the front but it is not done by a long shot. I have several other mods to do to the front yet.

Should be interesting to see your results when you've put everything in that big rig! I took mesure in compare with my tower - DAMN! your rig is about 3.2 times taller than mine. :eek:

you should actually put 2 different computers in there. one in the upper section and one in the lower section with all their own components, so you can run one and then the other by itself

one question...... are you planning on a window mod?

subtotal said:
haven't you ever heard: "if you build it, they will come"?

LOL, There you go Lan Party @ EC's House. Well it is on wheels but it is still going to weigh in at around 200 pounds.

honhon said:
you should actually put 2 different computers in there. one in the upper section and one in the lower section with all their own components, so you can run one and then the other by itself
one question...... are you planning on a window mod?

Believe it or not, I am not sure if I will have the room to run 2 full PC's in the case or at least be able to power it off of one outlet. My expected Amp draw is going to be nearly 15 Amps just with one PC running. Yes I will be doing a window mod on this. I am still open to ideas for the design.

Back