• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sucka's Venice Results (56K Warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sucka

Ok, so i got my Venice today from Newegg, it is a 3500+ 2.2GHz OEM chip, Revision E, 0512. Since no one really has any results i'm gonna go ahead and post mine as they come in. I just got this thing setup 5 minutes ago, so bare with me. Testing is going to happen all day, so if you want me to test anything, let me know. Lets try to keep this thread on topic.

Setup:

DFI NF4 SLI-DR (4/14-3 BIOS)
A64 3500+ 2.2GHz
2x512 G.skill TCCD LE's
Sapphire x850 XT (we'll test at 600/600 for now)
OCZ 600w Powerstream
74GB Western Digital Raptor
Cooling: Mach II (unmodded)

Results so far (will update a lot as i go):

Default voltage (1.4):

arithmetic.jpg

pi.jpg

cpumark.jpg

Here's some 3D at 2.9GHz. This is about the max i'm getting with default voltage (clocks 600/600 for testing).

aquamark.jpg

3dmark01.jpg

Plenty more to come, just wanted to start getting some results out there. This thing is fun, haven't even touched voltage yet :p

Last edited:
Gonna start to bump voltage up a little at a time. Here we go..

morevoltage.jpg

She's really starting to shine, and only with 1.5v :eek:

cpumark99.jpg

bandwidth.jpg

sandra.jpg

Last edited:
some good news also looks like your vcore is below the mobos settings. 1.36v
looks great man.
any chances of later air testing?

I've been seeing several Venice cores at 2.8-2.9ghz on air over at XS........ the San Diego cores seem to be overclocking about the same amount as well. I haven't seen any get that high on stock volts yet though, nice overclock Sucka.

deathstar13 said:
some good news also looks like your vcore is below the mobos settings. 1.36v
looks great man.
any chances of later air testing?

Sorry, i don't have any heatsink to test with otherwise i tottaly would. My evap temps are around -51C and BIOS reports -20C on the CPU :p

More results are coming guys, this is just to get the ball rolling...

I wonder what volts it takes to hit 3.0ghz+

Wow, everyones already on this thread waiting for your responses Sucka. IMPRESS US!!!

Keep checking back guys, i'm already updating the first post. Bare in mind this is my first non-FX A64, so i'm trying to feel it out. And i'm by no means a *good overclocker* so take these results for what they're worth. Thanks for the kind words guys.

g0dM@n said:
I wonder what volts it takes to hit 3.0ghz+

Wow, everyones already on this thread waiting for your responses Sucka. IMPRESS US!!!

Default, see first post :p

Has anyone tried a venice with the stock 1\25 bios on dfi boards yet. It appears that the Diego's will boot but I have not seen anything on the venice yet. I could have missed it!

Kris said:
Has anyone tried a venice with the stock 1\25 bios on dfi boards yet. It appears that the Diego's will boot but I have not seen anything on the venice yet. I could have missed it!

No clue, sorry.

Aphex: Yeah, you're gonna have some fun with this guy. I hope it gets better with voltage :p

939 = winner.

Back