• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on What Zalman to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveMan

Thoughts on What Heatsink to get?

CNPS7000B-Cu / CNPS7000B-Cu LED <<<Oooo pritty
-OR-
XP90c/XP120

To replace my Stock Intel and I am useing all 4 Ram Slots BTW so if anyone knows if they fit with all 4 in use pls lemmy know.

Last edited:
I'd avoid them all and get a thermalright, will come much better than the exception of maybe the 7700, but usually the xp120 beats it. Cost more, but cools better

dicecca112 said:
I'd avoid them all and get a thermalright, will come much better than the exception of maybe the 7700, but usually the xp120 beats it. Cost more, but cools better
Oh humm, that too could work. Holy cow the 90c is heavy.

I OCed to 3.8 with those temps. daveman and I have a V7700-cu(I accidentally put V7000 in the other post) and its got good temps and its pretty damn quiet when it wants to be. I don't have any experience with a xp90c or xp120 but copper makes heatsinks insanely heavy and it could potentially warp your motherboard so I'll wait and see if they come out with a XP120 which could be both copper and aluminium(or am I looking at too many zalmans?).

-1cem4n

If I were you, I'd go with the XP90-C and forget all the other P.O.S you have on your list. :santa: If you are into led fans etc. I recommend some 92mm Coolermaster clear led fans with that. They are very bright and quiet :p

dicecca112 said:

I found I get 4C lower load temps with a xp-120 and 14dB fan than i did with my cnps 7700 cu at 32dB!!! and at lower speeds on the zalman the distance is even greater. definitely avoid the zalman if the xp-120 will work. I'm going to post pics, screenshots and more specific results tomorrow night :D

P.S. the silenx fan with the LED is the best looking LED fan i have seen. it's got 4 nice bulbs and the entire fan is crystal clear.

Either of the 7000 series would work just fine...the 7700 would be better.
The 7700 significantly outperformed the TR XP-90 on my Winnie.

Currently running a Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 and it's the best of the lot.
No clearance issues with it either.

My 7000A-Cu is a great cooler... I stuck a Japanaflo 92mm High-Speed on there (56.8 CFM)... What i WOULD do, is get two 120MM fans (preferably a delta), gut one, and then use the gutted as a spacer... then slide it over...

Magick_man has done this with his 7000-Cu, and it looks like a great mod

My vote goes to the Zalman 7000Cu... its not THAT much worse than an XP-90 with a comparable fan... Its heavier, but, unless you LAN a lot, its not a problem

I've had Zalman 700AlCu, 7700AlCu, XP-90 and XP-90C and the 7700AlCu is an excellent cooler. The 7000AlCu is a great one to, honestly I was not all that impressed by the Thermalright XP-90's(and I used low, medium and ultra-high Panaflo fans on them).

For my Prescott, the 7000 did not cut it at all. The XP-90 is worlds better and at a lower noise level as well. At least that was my experience.

SolidxSnake said:
My 7000A-Cu is a great cooler... I stuck a Japanaflo 92mm High-Speed on there (56.8 CFM)... What i WOULD do, is get two 120MM fans (preferably a delta), gut one, and then use the gutted as a spacer... then slide it over...

Magick_man has done this with his 7000-Cu, and it looks like a great mod

My vote goes to the Zalman 7000Cu... its not THAT much worse than an XP-90 with a comparable fan... Its heavier, but, unless you LAN a lot, its not a problem

"Japanaflo" hahahaha

Thanks guys, Im gunna go with the XP-90C, I heard you can outfit a 120 on it. I have a nice 120mm Enermax that would be nice because I can change the speed on it. Anyone got some info on how to fit a 120 on a XP-90C?

Thanks!

I have ASUS P4P800 DLX.
3.2 Prescot.
I am using a Artic cooler freezer 4.
Temps are around 38c-42c idle Know that the weather is getting warmer.
Any one think the XP-90 would be better?
Do I have to remove the Motherboard to remove it?

shellshock said:
"Japanaflo" hahahaha

yup, a Japanese made Panaflo 92mm High speed...

China made panaflo's are known to be loud..

mine is dead silent (when buried with my 6 case fans ^^)

I like my Zalman 7000Cu... its cheaper than an XP-90C (by a good $20 I believe)... and with that extra money, you can get a 120mm monster fan and a spare 120mm fan and use that as a better fan (make the spare fan a spacer, then slide the fans on top of the heatsink...)

then you remove the stock 92mm fan, and BAM, crazy heatsink...

I love my Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu. It has exceeded all of my expectations. I don't have any experience with the Thermalrights, but everyone here seems to love them. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I love MY CPNS7700-Cu all copper. 50$ but is totslly worth it. It is heavy but fits and holds on a Abit IC7-G. It fits fine with the RAM. Kept my 3.2 pressy stable at 3.8

I ordered an Xp-90c thismorning, and some AS5 with some cleaner from xoxide.com. Got a dual uv kit and some new ide/floppy cables. Ill post some shots later I plan on makeing it look really nice with some thought out cable management.

DaveMan said:
I ordered an Xp-90c thismorning, and some AS5 with some cleaner from xoxide.com. Got a dual uv kit and some new ide/floppy cables. Ill post some shots later I plan on makeing it look really nice with some thought out cable management.

An excellent choice!!!!

Back