• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

clumsiest OCF member?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
just letting you know, i think i qualify for this

I was walking along the road talkin' with fellow forum member King_Warg (the van we were in had broken down, and we were 1/2 mile from the interstate exit that goes to my house, so we took off walking.)

Less than 1/4 a mile from the exit... on flat ground......with nothing around by myself and Warg....Clumsy me managed to nearly break my ankle.

After x-rays and such... no break..... but Severe Sprain if not torn ligaments/tendons.... only able to stand up thanks to super-brace that the hospital had (every step i take, my ankle gives out, and the brace holds it still enough for me to walk)

So....

Anyone else wanna top that for clumsiest OC'er of the year?

Last edited:
yup!
i was riding my bike on a road sloping down and i was going really fast.
somehow i lost control of the bike and fell from it onto my stpmach and face. lets just say that half of my face skin was scraped off and onto the asphalt plus my knees and lower wrists. i think i beat you.
ohh and once when i opened the fridge a big bottle containing about 1-2 gallon's of milk just fell and smashed on the floor.
beat that cake eaters!!!

How about...
I was working on removing paint from the rear fender of a Lincoln Continental, I had just brushed on some Paint Remover when I noticed A Police Vehicle had pulled Up and the police had been watching me, Being startled by them honking their horn, I quickly jumped up to see what the problem was, accidentally kicking the can of paint remover and splashing some on their car. Needless to say, by the time I had ran to get the hose to wash the stripper off, well...A lot of paint had also bubbled off as well. OOPS!

Ummm... I literally can't walk and chew gum at the same time... does that count?

ghettocomp said:
How about...
I was working on removing paint from the rear fender of a Lincoln Continental, I had just brushed on some Paint Remover when I noticed A Police Vehicle had pulled Up and the police had been watching me, Being startled by them honking their horn, I quickly jumped up to see what the problem was, accidentally kicking the can of paint remover and splashing some on their car. Needless to say, by the time I had ran to get the hose to wash the stripper off, well...A lot of paint had also bubbled off as well. OOPS!

Was that your Continental or someone elses?

hehe, well i was dancing at a club, which my friend manages, and after 3 blue long islands forgot i dont have the same chordination, after raving aournd, i put so much preasure on my right knee that i poppedd it out of the socket and then sat on the dance floor and poppeed it back in,,, duh, i should have known not to dance to hard on it considering less than a yr ago i was in surgery on that same knee for when my cousin decided he can wrestle me to the ground and trwisted the same knee totally sideways.. ugh

I just say/do stupid things for no reason :shrug:

I tried to ride over a pipe on my bike in the rain once and the front wheel slide along the pipe and i fell into a wall :) Another time i fell off my bike and broke my wrist, but i didnt relise for about an hour :bang head im sure there's more but i cant remember atm :eh?:

Porbably the dumbest thing ive ever done is, My friend and I were benching his old 1.6 willy in my P4C800-E Dlx, when we were done, he put in my 2.6C again without the HSF. I turn it on to see if it still boots, I go into bios .. its idling at 31 .. which is a bit high. I look in the computer ... JUST the processor is viewable. WHOA turned it off .. and put the HSF back on. Always check if there is a HSF on the processor ... glad it wasn't my pressy. :D.

uh...xtreme... that was an oc story... not a clumsy story.... lol... but still ok.... try to keep with the thread, peeps!

I've crashed my bicycle many times, once badly enough to spend quite a while in a sling with a soft tissue injury in my elbow. I once fell badly enough on a level sidewalk to rip open the leg of my pants, send my glasses flying several feet (they were well out of reach) and send my daypack flying in the other direction. I've also managed to trip over a person and fall flat on my face (she was short, and I didn't see her). I routinely walk into door frames accidentally and hit my head on all sorts of low overhangs (even if I see them coming). I also once managed to close line a friend while giving her a hug (that looked painful, and I felt really bad about it).

when I was 7 years old I Broke my toe running into the bathroom stall because I had to peeeeee...

this last december I broke my shoulder Sking UPHILL like 15-20mph and flew backwards and the ski pole the was wrapped around my hand happend to plant into the snow at a 45 degree angle behind me and tore my arm off backwards.... after 4 months my arm is finally feeling better...

Don't ask me how I ended up sking uphill because I have no freaking clue :shrug: :p

Does having all fingers off joints at least one time each and some 5+ times count? (thx to volleyball) + serious knee problems (volleyballing with lames) that resulted in 2 surgeries and my current disability to run & bend my left knee more than around 120* (after several months of exercies)
now simple turning on left leg would result in injury

Captain Newbie said:
Hmm, looks like I lose here

In this contest, losing is better than winning. :D
Lets just agree that we're all equally clumsy and leave it at that. :D

As for me, I busted three of my teeth doing a faceplant after falling off my bike going down a steep hill. At least the porcelain veneers will look just as good as the real thing. :rolleyes:

I do have a clumsy story ... one time I tripped over my headphone wire that was connected to my reciever .. my headphones fall off my desk along with my reciever .... in effort to save them I fall straight on my face and I hit my head on a moniter on the floor ... ouch that hurt. I had a egg on my forehead ... when I went to school .. everyone was like WTF HAPPENED? I simply didn't answer.

my little bro smashed his head in the wall...it wasnt even a flat wall it was the corner...he had a bulge on his forehead with a vertical line across the middle for a few days...it was pretty funny.
i was minding my own business and suddenly WHAM and he starts crying. im like WTF HAPPENED??!?!?! (without the wtf my parents were there:p)
i still dont know how or why he did it.
sorry its not about me and he doesnt come to these forums (hes 9) but i felt it was appropriate.
the weird thing about me is that i got injured loads of times but iv never ever broken any bones except maybe my left index finger but im not sure because i didn't go to the doctor...ohh well it still works fine. just have a little bulge at the top of the last part. lucky me

btw the dude who broke his toe while dressing...HAHAHA :p:p:p that is funny!!!

just my 2 cents keep the change

threeme2189

My turn....

A week and a half ago, I smashed my finger with a hammer (driving a masonry nail into a concrete slab...needless to say, a very solid swing)...well, when I wasted my finger my body instantly reacted with a jerk and I trashed my back as well :rolleyes:

Looks like I will be able to get back to work tomorrow though...finally. :)

Back