• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gfx Card Mod with a Story to Welcome the Coming Spring Quarter.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luie

Mr. "Graphics card": First Day of Spring Quarter.

DSC03602.png
It all started while someone was cleaning out the dust bunnies. He decided to make use of an old heatsink.

DSC03603.png
A graphics card was getting ready to go back to school. Week 1 of Spring quarter.

DSC03604.png
While walking to school, he met three nasty screwdriver bullies. They popped off the graphic card's heatsink.

DSC03605.png
He was unwilling to let go of his heatsink.

Last edited:
DSC03606.png
So the big screwdriver gave the graphic card a good beating.

DSC03607.png
He had to get to school on time. Just in case of another bunch of bullies ahead, he went to get his silver armor.

DSC03608.png
And borrowed his big brother's heatsink.

DSC03609.png
This time, he secured his big brother's heatsink with badass black threads.

DSC03610.png
And armed with a threatening-looking fan.

Last edited:
DSC03611.png
The graphics card was once again ready to continue his journey to school.

DSC03612.png
Other PCI cards students were scared of him so they changed seats.

DSC03613.png
Instead of being intimidated by the graphics card, the USB thingys were attracted to his big fan.

DSC03614.png
So, the USB thingys were all over his fan for it vibrates when it becomes turned on.

Last edited:
DSC03615.png
The graphics card thinks to himself, "This is the best lecture ever."

DSC03616.png
And the fan on the CPU heatsink died of jealousy.

The End

Have a wonderful quarter/semester back at school. :p

lol i like the story you made, and it looks like a good mod

i like the ghetto-ness of how its held on with the black wires

LOL. Thanks for all the replies.
And, threeme2189, as for the overclockability, the fan is a little loud so I did a 7 Volt mod to it. I used "ATI Tools" to find the max overclock. The core can do 318Mhz before it crashed. That is 15.6% overclocked from the stock speed of 275Mhz.

Nephewkp,
It is a Radeon9000Pro 128MB. I got it from Fry's two years ago (I think). At the time, I wanted to play Max Payne 2 sweetly so I got an upgrade from GForce2 mx-400 32MB.

I have a Radeon 9000 Pro, but a 64 MB version and it's a Tyan Tachyon.

I would get video corruption in 3D Mark 2001 SE with the GPU at anything higher than 315 mhz. :( Probably also failed the ATI Tool artifact scanning test.

Back