• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This ol' trailer is too small. Time for a double wide.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabbiani

Well this will be my first big post, so hello to all.
My previous setup was with a '77 Heater core outside. It cooled very well, but was not movable. Now spring is here and we are seeing very warm days, so I am glad that design is gone.

My current setup: It did not turn out near as pretty as I wanted. I burned my rotory tool up about half way through the project and decided to finish with tin snips. :bang head

My dragoon case quickly had a hole in the non-windowed side fitted with the same '77 heater core. Now my setup can be moved but the airflow is still not ideal. My shroud only gives about 1/2 an inch of clearance and nearyl 75% of one of my 120mm deltas are blocked by a hard drive cage.

**Edit** I was going to post pictures but just realized my wife stole the batteries from my camera. Pictures tonight I promise.

New plan. mountain mods. Thats about it for now. I will post tomorrow when I have my skill saw here so I can show everyone what I am thinking.

New toys w/in the next month:

3200+ 939
DFI nForce4 Ultra - Non sli
Ati x800 xl/pro - Depends on prices
As money allows: some decent memory and a new power supply. Please hold up a little longer little ol antec.

More later

Thanks for being yet another uber friendly mod.

Since its no longer a log, screw it. I am nearly done and will get some finished pics up once done. The 3200/dif/Fortron500 are on their way now too.

Hm, not sure where the problem was that earned sarcasm.

Look forward to seeing pics, hope you decide to post build pics as well, am very interested to see more on this case before I commit to buying one ;)

JKrepps said:
Hm, not sure where the problem was that earned sarcasm.

Look forward to seeing pics, hope you decide to post build pics as well, am very interested to see more on this case before I commit to buying one ;)

Umm, dude I was being serious. Usually when mods on any of the car forums I frequent do anything like this they ***** you out. Everyone over here has been very friendly, well until now. Eh.

Ah, ok. Must be the people I hang out with. Couldn't tell if it was serious or sarcasm ;) Everyone here is very nice from what I have seen.

Gabbiani said:
Umm, dude I was being serious. Usually when mods on any of the car forums I frequent do anything like this they ***** you out. Everyone over here has been very friendly, well until now. Eh.
...I wasn't being mean duder. I was just stating the link to the project log rules, as I told you when it had pictures I would move it over. That's all nothing to read into it. We all want to see some pic's :)

J :cool:

K, So to J I was tyring to be nice, and was joking to the other guy about people being unfriendly. As far as a log don't worry about it, I don't have enough in progress pictures to matter so let just show off the end result.

Just about everything you see is 1/2" mdf. A bit heavy, a bit bulky, but very easy to work with. I still need to do lots of sanding, a little touch up here an there. Stupid fill port warmped the wood and messed up the paint. Eventually it deserves a good coat of automotive paint or something. I did the 1/2 inch offet around the front and top on purpose because I know I could not get everything lined up perfectly straight and it looks nice this way.

case%20001.jpg
case%20002.jpg
case%20003.jpg
case%20004.jpg
case%20005.jpg

Light is bad in these pictures but it gives you an idea. I already had the dragoon case, so I don't consider it part of my cost.

Mdf 2 sheets.... $15ish
Wheels $10
Plexi $4
Second Heater Core $17
So for not much money and a lot of time I have a ripoff of a very expensive case. Still would love to have the ufo, but heh no one has mine.

The shrouds turned out very crappy. They do their job extremely well, but because they are aluminum foil pans they amplify any noise. Meaning my deltas moan at any speed. I may buy the dangerden shrouds later to free up space.

My flow is nowhere near what I would like. Once my new board/chip gets here (tomorrow?? :shrug: ) I will be cutting the tubing in the cpu side shorter. I wanted to leave plenty of length for the new setup so I dont have to redo the wet side. Bleeding it is also a pain in the ***. I my do a res or a second t line if I ever rip it apart. I am also considering a second pump between the radiators. Temps on the ol TBred @ 1.85V are 38c idle and peak @ 44c. So not too bad with the old 9700 in there also. Extra pump would help flow but how much on temps? With the A64 I plan to see idle in the low 30's.

The thing between the two rads is an old 300w ps. So it adds a minimal amount to the second radiator, but the extra juice I got by freeing up all that helped a bunch. I ordered a fortron 500 which will fix that, but I still plan to run 2 for the hell of it.

After a little more bondo and paint I can't wait to take it to a lanparty. On that same note I was working on it downstairs and once it was finished had to bring it upstairs..... OUCH!! 90-100lbs is pretty close.

Comments questions? I want to talk more about it but have to go take a test.

Later.

Zulu-1 said:
he he he
awesome mod dude
just clean up ta wires a bit ;)

Wasn't too worried about them since new combo and ps are going in next day or so. I will try to be a bit neater with them though.

lol, you have the same rads as me, sept i have had mine for over 4 years an its still sitting on my floor. =]

`Infr@ReD~NT said:
lol, you have the same rads as me, sept i have had mine for over 4 years an its still sitting on my floor. =]

Well you need to do something about that. I can't let a project sit still. I mean it may be months before I repaint this, but as soon as I had my tools/materials in hands I started and didn't stop until done. Seriously from like morning on a Saturday until 6:00am sunday morning.

well now that i think about it, it is in my computer, but its not hooked up. lol but it did sit on my floor for like 4 years

Well my Lanparty ultra d and my 3200 came in today. Oh and that heavy! power supply. Rerouted my cooling stuff. WIll put picks up later. At stock settings I am getting 21c idle and 27 on a load with prime. Now I know that the motherboard doesn't report perfectly, but I will take that anyday.

I moved my Tline to the bottom just before the intake on the pump. MUCH easier to fill/bleed now and I think I got some of the restriction out of it. I can tell by feeling the tubes that there is a lot more flow now.

X800 XL was ordered from ZZF tonight, should be here Mondayish. I am in no hurry to overclock since this thing is a monster, but may pick up some ram also soon. The infeneron is doing fine at 200mhz dual channel.

Oh and I snagged a new monitor tonight. Replaced my old crappy gateway 19" with a Samsung 19" flat tube. Pretty nice for $179 and bestbuy, $20 dollars cheaper than newegg and the tax is cheaper than shipping. So far I am very happy.

Seven said:
Tin foil ducts?

Amazing.

Yes they are like $0.97 for two of them. They are pans just bigger than a bread loaf size, perhaps like a meatloaf one.

Back