• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soo, why aren't people all over this RAM yet..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaftedTwice

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3602905?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I hear its BH-5 and UTT and people have talked about it a little bit in some threads, but why arent people all over it if it is BH-5 and UTT??? Is there something wrong with it? Doesn't it overclock well, (Ninja said he got it to 260MHz on 2-2-2)?? Sure, you have to push a little volts through it, but thats the same with all BH-5 and UTT, so can yall tell me whats so wrong with it?

I agree. I was busting my brain for half an hour earlier trying to figure out why its not so popular...WHY??!! PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME!

Perhaps your assumption that it isn't popular is incorrect. I want some but right now it's kinda hard for me to justifying buying it since I already have 3 gigs of UTT, 1 gig of bh-5 and 2 gigs of TCCD.

What I will say is there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with this stuff and as Ninja said it seems to overclock like all the new high voltage ram. You can't really go wrong gambling $120.00 for this stuff. Trust me there will be plenty of people buying this stuff as soon as folks are more aware of it. Keep in mind that pretty much everyone right now is coming out with their own version of UTT ram so it's not a major surprise that the market is saturated with this stuff...... it isn't that it's not popular (this muskin stuff) it's just that it's not as crazy when the only place you could find it was on the TwinMOS sticks.......

I think the word is getting out. This stuff has only recently become available. For anyone with a board that supports the higher vdimm this is the way to go. Once you throw in the price of a booster, and the risks of overvolting on a board not designed for it, then it's a more difficult decision.

forget what I just said..... i just ordered a gig..... will be here next week..... i'm just a sucker for new ram..... but here is my rational....... this isn't BH-5 it's BH quality..... which is different enough for me to invest in...... maybe I'll do a review between this and BH-5..... I dunno...... whatever excuse is good enough for the public is what I'm going with...... :p

rseven said:
I think the word is getting out. This stuff has only recently become available. For anyone with a board that supports the higher vdimm this is the way to go. Once you throw in the price of a booster, and the risks of overvolting on a board not designed for it, then it's a more difficult decision.

Very good point my friend. Anyone without a DFI NF4 board really has to think about whether or not they want to vmod or get a booster. Most people will just be happy with TCCD :)

-Collin-

HousERaT said:
forget what I just said..... i just ordered a gig..... will be here next week..... i'm just a sucker for new ram..... but here is my rational....... this isn't BH-5 it's BH quality..... which is different enough for me to invest in...... maybe I'll do a review between this and BH-5..... I dunno...... whatever excuse is good enough for the public is what I'm going with...... :p
LOL, way to give into the urge!!! :santa:
Looking forward to your results.

I have some on the way too thanks to deception``'s link, although I still have my doubts that it is BH-5. I'm just happy the company ships to Canada since many companies that sell RAM from USA don't. Either way its cheaper than I can get CAS3 value RAM in Canada lol so if it does 2-2-2 at stock speed I will still be very happy.

man its so tempting to just order it and see what happens. My ram is good, but doesnt get good timings, even with lots of volts. Its OCZ pc4400, so its rated for 275mhz, but at 3-4-4-8...meh. Considering it retails for $250 still, Its tempting to sell it and get some VX or something, costing me like $50. But now add this new deal to the mix, and things get even more complicated. I mean, if this overclocks fairly well, its almost worth buying it and giving it a whirl, and if its bad I can always replace the corsair value ram thats in my dads machine with this stuff.

HousERaT said:

I was just about to post something very similar to your first post, then I see this...I guess your girlfriend now gets the TCCD (as the "compensation")?

If it wasn't for my desire to wait until Venice comes out I would start putting together my system now! All this memory talk is making me impatient!

Nnyan said:
If it wasn't for my desire to wait until Venice comes out I would start putting together my system now! All this memory talk is making me impatient!
Exactly how I feel, although I may end up getting a CBBFD Winnie, cuz the prices for Winchesters will be a lot lower in the classies when the Venices come out..

ShaftedTwice said:
DDR2 is still not much, if any better in comparison to DDR1, I don't see a reason to get it just yet.

It will still be a good couple of years before DDR2 is a de-facto standard. It took 3 or so years once DDR was released before it finally killed SD-RAM and RD-RAM.... DDR 2, even though an upgrade, because it doesn't work in a DDR1 slot... will itself probably take at least 2 years to make it ALL new boards supporting it, and only it.

ShaftedTwice said:
DDR2 is still not much, if any better in comparison to DDR1, I don't see a reason to get it just yet.

read this and ull know wot iam talking about, the OCZ 3-2-2-8 performs better.. and i see more coming on the way..

Well, I just came home with a GIG of this stuff. It went right back to frys. Here is the story....

I have 1x512mb of this stuff and it did 260mhz at 2-2-2-8. Very impressive I'd say. I talked to a few members, and they told me that the one gb kit has the gauranteed BH-5 type ram. So, I returned my one stick and got the gig. It sucks. It couldn't do 240mhz. So, I returned it. I am now going to go try my luck at two single sticks, hoping they have the OTHER kind of ram in it. Will report back soon...

-Collin-

I bought the gig kit today. I hope it is the good stuff. I was only inches away from buying 2 512's until I read that 1gig is guaranteed BH-5...

Back