• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4:3...5:4? 16:10...16:9? Screenies of HL2 here! (56k warn)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Took all these....it's amazing to see how sweet widescreen is!
Notice how you actualy see more in the horizontal with the widescreen res!...so running in widescreen gives you to best advantage...running 5:4 gives you a large disadvantage compared to the 16:9/16:10
1920x1080

1920x1200

1600x1200

1280x960

1280x1024

Last edited:
Does it require widescreen monitor to run in widescreen? Or is it just like a normal TV when you watch something in widescreen where it puts the black bands at top & bottom of screen?

ahha never had to scroll sideways to get to the fast reply befor..

yeah.. i got a 19inch.. i thinik screen.. older dell. i always used 1024x7... (what ever it is lol)

can i use fullscreen.. (i know it wont hurt my fps much..i got a 6600gt.. )

that would be sweet.. bah i cant wait for a reply..gona go try this out.. brb (css rules eh?? )

I actually have CS:S, but I play CS:CZ instead... I like that better for some reason.

wow wide screen is so cool, i have to scroll so much to see from left to right on my regular aspect screen! :)

WOW, this is just awesome. I am kind of jelaous of you now :). I've tried running widescreen w/my 2x19" LCD setup. But it wouldn't work for some reason, but it could be as well that I didn't set them up right.

hmm...I'm not sure if you can do that unless you have a special video card (like a matrox parhelia). For most cards you need an actual widescreen monitor...

just read it was 12 gray-gray, and 16 black to white.
Neither the 2001 or 2405fpw ghosts for me in FPS...but some people claim to see it :shrug:

But lets not get this thread into that :argue:

Khokay...
Well, how's the fps with vsync enabled on those monitors? I'm curious.

ha not bad. but i'd prefer a 50" widescreen lcd tv for gaming. and real ht speakers... instead of my.... logitech z5300

Back