• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your battery life

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
I am wondering what kinda battery life we all are getting with specific laptops...

post your MAKE/MODEL, FULL LOAD BATTERY LIFE, IDLE BATTERY LIFE, and your battery capacity...

ANY MODIFICATIONS
like running your screen at 0 brightness or lowering the voltage on your cpu or overclocking/underclocking

ok I go first...

Dell Inspiron 8600
15.4" widescreen Intel centrino technology 1.6ghz 512PC 2700 geforce go5200

FULL LOAD: about 3:15 <--- graphics intensive applications (HL2) can bring it down to 2:30
IDLE: 5:15 max (600mhz)

ok I use a program called RM clock cpu utility to dramatically cut my processor's voltage down to 1.3v full and .8v idle...

IDLE time is actually with moderate web browsing using the integrated WIFI and half screen brightness.

Last edited:
Im not 100% sure what battery life I get - need to iron out some software issues on my laptop.

The kernel I use at Uni when in lectures (forums > properties of matter lectures) with WLAN/Powernow gives me 1:00 to 1:30 roughly with light usage. However im sure the CPU only runs at ~600MHz.

At full speed running FaH I get 30 to 40 minutes.

Acer Aspire 1353XC:
2400+M
512MB PC2700
20GB HDD
14.1" TFT
Asus PCMCIA WLan.

No fancy mods

IBM Thinkpad T40 P-M 1.5 (@1.68)
7K60 60GB HD
14"TFT 1024x768
1GB DDR 2100
Intel 2100 WLAN
6-cell battery 44mah (there is an optional 9-cell one, 66mah)

Full load battery time : 2:30H (running at 600Mhz)
Idle battery time : 4:30H (running at 600mhz, moderate usage)

0 hours right now, battery is removed and I running on ac, otherwise over 2 house when watching movies or over 4 hours when it's idle

Dell Inspiron 1150
2.6Ghz, 256Mb, 60gig 5400rpm, wireless b/g, 96whr 12 cell battery

On the web, nothing too intensive I get about 4 Hours, will try full load.

Dell i8600, normal browsing I get around 3.50 hrs but I run the screen brightness up a bit and sometimes I'll just jump the multiplier to test some stuff.

dell inspiron 5150
3.06ghz p4, 2x256mb, 60gb hd, ati mobility 9000

not sure what type of battery, i think 96whr battery sounds right though

idle (surfing internet maybe watching a couple vids) it goes for 4 hours.

if i play some games then watch some videos it goes down to maybe 2.5 hours.

desolateincbus said:
.....not sure what type of battery, i think 96whr battery sounds right though...

It should tell you right on it when you pull it out of the computer. Not that it matters, but info nonetheless.

SSM 04 RSX said:
spec are in my sig

izzlo: where did you buy that program from?

BUY????? It's free/share ware just google "right mark cpu clock" <- without the quotes...

the 1.4 version for some reason is tripping out on me and switching power profiles when it's not supposed to :bang head I can't figure out why... the program has only limited options for the P4 but if you do decide to use it to lower your voltage... take baby steps..... just kinda like if you where overclocking but down instead of up... step down---> prime ---> stepdown ----> prime

well I started out priming like for 15 mins for .01v drop

then went to 1 hour of priming for any voltage .05v below normal voltage

then went to 6hours of priming for any voltage .1v below normal voltage

and anything .15 volts below normal voltage got 12 hours

and anything .2 volts below normal was primed for 24 hours...

I got my chip down to 1.25v before errors started showing up and so i just kicked it up to 1.35v and that's where it resides for MAXIMAL profile

at minimal profile (running at 600mhz) it's at I think .85v...

but theese voltages are obviously for my pentiun-m bianas chip and will probbably be different for you so don't just jump to theese settings...

for the minimal profile I would start at 1v and work your way down from there... (again for a bianas chip only :) ) a p4 at 1v would surely DIE :p

2h on dynamic with full lcd playing counterstrike source (like if it were pluged in)
4:45 on lowest lcd and max battery web browsing/word(at around 300 mhz)
cl56 43mah p-m1.7 9700ati

Toshiba A15-S129
2.4ghz Celeron - Unknown Voltage
256mb PC 2700
40gb 4200rpm hdd
Intel 852GM 64MB Shared

Battery Life
Idle: 2:30 - 3:30 Hours (Estimate)
Load: 1:30 - 2:00 Hours (Estimate)

I've never timed how long but now im interested. I'm not to sure about the battery specs either. Id like to know how to change the speed at which the Celeron runs at, if you can. I dont have any power management installed. It never seemed to work when i had the Toshiba crap on there.

Back