• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my WCed V2000b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
me-ow!

thats very nice - though i personally would've stuck the pumps down in the dungeon (aka HD bays below), cause it would look alot cleaner IMO, otherwise its sexy :thup:

Well I could hace put them in the HD area, but one small prob I'm done fillnig the HD area yet. Also trying to talk the wife in to letting me get a block for my video card. She thinks that it would be dangerous to do. Also I ahd to take out the MeanWell S320 I had for my pumps as it just stopped working for some reason.

Ok first I just got the 6800GT today and still have to talk the wife in to letting me get watercooling for it. Thats not pink my friend it's purple and it's an old cutting board. When I first got the AS8 they didn't make a hold down plate for the D-Tek WW. I've been looking and even e-mailed Danny about this. Seems I found one the other day and will be ordering the hold down tomorrow or Friday.

Also does anyone know of a good 120 x 38mm fan. Say with a high CFM and low DBa, even if I have to undervolt it to have low DBa. Right now I'm running 3 120 x 25mm Enermax adjustable speed fans in push. Temps ( yes I know the temps are off) 33C idle and 40 to 41C laod at 3.6GHz at 1.41Vcore.

My 2 Questions:

1) Confederate flag in your room?

2) Why do you have fans sticking out of random crannies in your case not attached to anything (fan pointing towards CPU?)

1) yes that is a Confederate flag
2) that was there for testing. I found out placing a fan there lowered my PWM temps. After I did that I cut a hole in the side of my case and mounted the fan and attached the side panel.

Only bad thing is my darn jig saw jumped a bit and moved a bit. So my hole is far from perfect, to fix this I'm looking at getting a 92mm fan.

Wicked_Klown said:
Only bad thing is my darn jig saw jumped a bit and moved a bit. So my hole is far from perfect, to fix this I'm looking at getting a 92mm fan.
i did the same thing with my case except i was putting a 120mm fan in the hole. and cant fix it :(

Looking nice WK. Pretty big and beastly rig.

Well, Panaflos come in 120x38 form factors, and sidewinder stocks those new 38mm EFBs which are supposed to be relatively quiet. You can undervolt the FFB 120s very well from my experience.

To fix the blowholes, i use door trims from auto parts store. They are black, chrome or gold. They look great and prevent the sharpness of the cut.

looking good :D btw you know the magnetic feilds from that speaker can permanently damage your chips :eek: ! even if magneticly sheilded but at that close they will!

this a setup of my rig with the v2000

3.0GHz Prescott @ 3.4
6800u at 480/1250

temps at full load are 40*C(48 stock) for the cpu and 45*C(61* stock) for video card at 28*C ambient. This is on a single 120mm radiator with a push/pull configuration. Tubes are 3/8 ID. enheim 1250 pump. The rest includes 2gigs ram, u160 scsi drive for windows, RAID 0 ATA for misc software.

6800x16.jpg

the whole setup
v2000 water cooled

Back