• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8V Rebooting problem *SOLVED*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BAAL80

Hi,

I recently posted a thread concerning my problem with my A8V spontaneous reboots (article is here: http://groups-beta.google.com/group..._doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#d91358e494440d5a). Nobody seemed to provide me a working solution (I doubted it was a PSU problem). Now I'd like to share with you what the solution IS (I figured it out:) so other people can benefit.

Well, I noticed that everything works fine without ASUS C&Q program running. When it was running, from time to time I received error messages saying that "',' is not a valid integer value", but C&Q worked quite well (except those annoying reboots from desktop, couple times a day, which waere unacceptable). I figured out that something is wrong with that program, and as I wanted it to be running (it is a quite useful utility) I began to wonder what is causing these errors. And I've found it. As I am Pole, i use Polish version of Windows XP Pro. In Poland, the official decimal separator is ',' (colon) not '.' (point). When I changed that setting (in Control Panel->Regional Settings) from ',' to '.' everything works fine - no more reboots, C&Q running with no errors:)

What I'm trying to say is that I am a happy ASUS user (finally;), and that EVERY PROBLEM has a solution :)

Regards,
Mike (aka Baal80 / Moonlighter)

CnQ has given me nothing but problems and I'm using the English version of XP :)
CnQ changes VCore too, so its not the best if you are overclocked.

Back