• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g.skill A643500 nm 2.6+gig and 300+ fsb stable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
No Graphic card overclock Yet !!! Not even driver !!!!

Hi all well this has taken an age well 3 days !!!

ive put it all in my vapochill and think !think i cant get any higher with fsb and cpu ........i must have rebooted over 100 times to get all the memory settings and voltage right ...and used a whole ream of paper in the process :rolleyes: .....

anyway this is what i have the system

DFI SLI NF4 939
Winchester 3500+90nm
G.Skill Le 2x 512Mb (1 gb)
Radeon x850xt
2x 36gig wd raptors in raid 0 16 erm strip ?
Powered by a antec ture power 550w (with 20 / 24 adaptor)

Now how high can it go well not very high with the cpu i thought i would get to 2.8 gig ....but can only manage 2650Mhz so i worked off this ....
eg/
252 fsb x 10.5 = 2646Mhz (All stable memtest 2001se toast )
265 fsb x 10.0 = 2650Mhz "" ""
294 fsb x .9.0 = 2646Mhz "" ""
311 fsb x .8.5 = 2643Mhz "" ""
331 fsb x .8.0 = 2648Mhz (booted up but shut down bsod)

So now all i had to do was pick which one ive picked 311 fsb @ 2643 for now have to run more tests :bang head .....as 265 might give better results

I think this is how you type it all

Im @ 311 fsb 8.5 control = 2643.7Mhz cpuz

Memory
1:1 1T

cpc auto
cas 2.5
trcd 04
tras 07
trp 03
trc 07

trfc14
trrd auto
twr 03
twtr 02
trwt 03
tref 3120
twcl 05

inc skew on high
skew val 0
d drive 6

auto
auto
256 cycles
dis
auto
bypas 07
dis 8 burst..
........................................................................................................
cpu start 1.5v
cpu vid 1.5v
cpu special 104%
ldt 1.4v

Now remember i have not overclocked graphic card yet at all its all original ...
ive ran 2001 se and sandra bandwidth and cpuz ill try and post them ....

So what do you all think good bad have i done things right ?

bye for now andy

Last edited:
spiritedandy said:
cant get sandra on :( could some one email me with how to post loads of results on 1 screen pleeez)

sandra
int buffd 7646
float buffd 7553

1. Populate your monitor with all the screens you want to take, then press the "PRINT SCREEN" key on your keyboard.

2. Open up MS Paint, then go to Paste. Your screen image should be imported into Paint.

3. Save your image as either a JPEG (.jpg) or Bitmap (.bmp), and upload it to the forums.

deception``

cheers ive sent you a email but ill have another go think its worked this time

so here is super pi

Last edited:
Sucka i know everyone says 1/2 multis are bad but i dont seem to have any problems with them ? i think it works the same as 9 or say 10 ....? or am i missing something ...er again !

:)

spiritedandy said:
Sucka i know everyone says 1/2 multis are bad but i dont seem to have any problems with them ? i think it works the same as 9 or say 10 ....? or am i missing something ...er again !

:)

Running your own tests is always going to give you the best/most accurate results. I would try a host of tests, both synthetic and 3d, and see what you find. If .5's work, then stick with it...

cheers all
heres sandra does it look right i think it does ... cheers deception`` :thup:
Sucka more tests ...ill do hardrive test im uesing sill sould i use nividia ?

Last edited:
Looks about right, Those .5 multis will cost you b/w. :rolleyes:
Btw, how do you like the board?

Last edited:
spiritedandy said:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :)welcome to the forums :)

Thanks, I have been here a while I just changed nicks here to my main one. Nice OC on the board. Mine was a bear to setup, how was yours?

spiritedandy said:
dito took an age

just trying to get a little more but porcessor will not go above 2650mhz :temper: even tried 1.75v

Lower the fsb and try the multi. You might have to find a happy medium.

yesterday i tried 270 x 10 2700mhz no joy today i try it it worked ive changed nothing soon as i go 271 nothing no boot ...just like when i could not go past 2650mhz ...

anyway so now i can get 2700mhz so im now running @ 300 x 9 2700Mhz soon as i go for 301 nothing again....lol

maybe tomorow ill hit 2750Mhz mmmm 50 Mhz a day increase i could live with that

Back