• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Custom Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PrometheuSBoxeR

Well this is my first computer ive built by myself. I recently have been doing a lot of reading on tomshardware.com and so on. Everything went smoothly from what I see. However im not certian that everything is 100%. I come here for advice on seeing what people think. If there are adjustments that i need to make, adjustments i need to buy etc. Any information is useful information. Please speak freely.
Specs
- AMD 64 3500+ 939 Pin
- ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe Mobo
- 1GB Corsair XMS Xtra Low Latency PC3200
- xFx nVidia GeForce 6800 GT Pci-express
- 74GB Western Digital Raptor 10,000RPM
- ASPIRE X-Nagivator with 500W Power Supply
- neXus Fan Controller
- Lite-On 16x DVD-ROM
- Lite-On 16x DVD+/-R/RW Burner
Here are some pictures :
ericcomputer17au.jpg

ericcomputer27jp.jpg

ericcomputer34rl.jpg

ericcomputer40gp.jpg

ericcomputer54bc.jpg

ericcomputer64wk.jpg

Enjoy.

Last edited:
ghettocomp said:
ooo... nice lights....

and Welcome to the forums!

Maybe a little more cleanup of the wiring?
Thank you, its a start... Whats the best way to rid those wires out of the way?
On a side note i ran 3DMark03' for the first time. My Score was 11090. Have not the slightest clue if thats good or bad.

Are there special supplies that allow for great wire managment? I started to use the plastic ties to get at least some of the mess organized.

Great pc! :)

Yeah, you want to hide as many cables as possible - though the case would still look great full of them. Nice work!

To check that everything 'is 100%' download 3dMark01SE for free from http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/ and then tell us your score. Try 3dMark01 first (over '03 and '05) because it tests a combination of cpu and vga.

Are you going to overclock it?

Nice Job :clap:

What sort of temps are you getting under full load?
Because with all that great stuff :drool: you have in there it might get a bit hot :mad: even without OCing. So you might want to invest in a good heatsink like the Thermalright XP-120/90 next. Or do you have one already, it doesn't say in your list of items.

subtotal said:
cable sleeving kits, though putting them on can be... fustrating

The new Aspire PSUs come sleeved already so he doesnt have to worry about that :p

But yeah, just route wires behind the mobo tray if you can. Or behind the hard drives or someplace like that. And those lights are bright! Hope you don't sleep in the same room as your PC :clap:

Can that PSU provide the power needed by that beast of a machine? Someone might wanna check that out...

jcw122 said:
Can that PSU provide the power needed by that beast of a machine? Someone might wanna check that out...
I was wondering that too. The PSU in there right now is ASPIRE 500W. I will invest more money if its not stable with that PSU.

FLESHnBLOOD said:
Nice Job :clap:

What sort of temps are you getting under full load?
Because with all that great stuff :drool: you have in there it might get a bit hot :mad: even without OCing. So you might want to invest in a good heatsink like the Thermalright XP-120/90 next. Or do you have one already, it doesn't say in your list of items.
Full load is about 38C. Idle is about 25C. Those are always estimates though can never be 100%.

Terminat. said:

Yeah, you want to hide as many cables as possible - though the case would still look great full of them. Nice work!

To check that everything 'is 100%' download 3dMark01SE for free from http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/ and then tell us your score. Try 3dMark01 first (over '03 and '05) because it tests a combination of cpu and vga.

Ill check it out, thank you... In the mean time how does a score of 11090 for 3DMark03' compare.

Terminat. said:

I ran 3dMark01SE and my score was 19053. Keep in mind this is all completly stock no overclocking done at all... You asked if im going to overclock, What is benificiary to overclocking? I can do it.

I'd say you did an excellent job. I don't like that particular case too well, but other than that, it looks great.

k0r34nguy said:
Oh and your front power LED isnt light up, might wanna fix that.
Have pictures of your rig? And what does the Front LED look like? Im pretty damn sure i didnt miss any wires.

Back