• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World War 4 - The folding show down.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

{PMS}fishy

In an effort to spark some serious competition Seven pushed me face first into a fire, and then spit in my face. He then proclaimed, "My AMD team can bet you *cough* lame *cough* Intel team to 250k points. I arose from the ashes, and shouted, "Bring it on, a64s are as lame as it gets, you're all marketing and talk, put your money where your mouth is". Enough is enough, lets see what team can back up there claims. There is only room for oen number 1.

Here is the run down. I'm going to force Christoph into coding a nice script to track the race. Seven and I are going to be the team Capitans, and who ever wants to join in, and add borgs, to which ever side is more than welcome. Ill be representing the 'dark side' that is Intel and Seven will be Capitan for the AMD team. Feel free to join which ever team you wish.

This time it will be a heads up race, unlike WW3 where the AMD team tried to make up a 150k points deficit. First team to crunch 250k points will be declared the winner, and have bragging rights until the next war.

Lets get some new machines, pull in HardOCP and OCAU, and whoop on which ever fan boy you hate.

With that said, Go INTEL, I spit on A64s.

Start date has yet to be determined, and will most likley be the 14th of February.

I will edit this thread with any important info. PM either Seven or myself for any needed info.

Folding Names as Follows:

PMSfishy for the Intel/Open Source Team.

Seven for the AMD/Microsoft Team.

DLed the service installers here.

http://www.pmsfishy.zerobrains.com/upload/Dual.zip

http://www.pmsfishy.zerobrains.com/upload/Quad.zip

Mirrors while zerobrains undergoes some work.

Mr.Guvernment said:
here is a mirror for you - runs off a 100mb server from my work

http://66.207.201.54/matt/dual.zip

http://66.207.201.54/matt/quad.zip

feel free to toss them in the first post :D

Last edited:
ww4_score.png

ww4_cpus.png

Big thanks to Christoph for making the above come together, and automatting it.

Last edited:
Bah. I laugh at your misfortune.

The way it really went down is like this. Fishy was pretending to do tricks on a snowboard, and took a farily bad fall to the head, so his behavior is...well...unexpected at times. Fishy really just tripped over his own feet and fell face first into the fire. Me being the great friend I am helped him up, but he thought he was okay as is. The "spit" was actually water to put out his face, which was still on fire at this point. Even though I saved his life, as any good friend would, he still holds it against me. Oh well.

Join me in the fight against cancer and fishy! You can fight 2 types of bad things at once! Amazing!

I'm posting in the most annoying color because it makes me sick how Fishy wouldn't let me have space to upload my one clicks. So, thanks to ||Console||, I have my one clicks available for all Team Seven/AMD users.

Team AMD/Seven Folding@Home Clients

Single CPU w/ Advmethods

Dual CPU w/ Advmethods

Enable bigpackets if desired.

Fishy is just talking smack. He's grown arrogant with his #13 position and 600 some PPD. It is I who really needs the help! Fold for me and good karma will come to you. Fold for me and good fortune will find you! If anything else, fold for me and help team 32 pwn OCAU!

NOTE: The goal of this excercise is not to move powah around, but to bring new power to the team. With that said, I vow to play by the rules and only bring in new powah for the team and myself, and I expect fishy and his team to do the same. So with that said, go borg! And get permission too.

So friends, the time has come.
Borg, or be assimilated!

Go Team AMD/Seven! Beat Fishy!

Last edited:
I will join Seven in destroying Fishy!

My Mobile Barton will work every electron for all it's worth! Let the AMD borging begin. :burn:

Voodoo Rufus said:

My Mobile Barton will work every electron for all it's worth!

Funny thing is, your pump is now cooling XEONs. Ha, bet that really burns you.

/me glares at his SK6 and chip at 2GHz, and hopes that the SP97 will make it all haste to his CPU, or a new MCP350 so 2.4-2.6 shall become possible again. :D

mm im an amd guy, but honestly, AMDs suck right now...

mobile bartons were great, but now their outdated, and my a64 folded like crap

I might donate my processor and a few other computers to your cause for a while Fishy...... so far I can guarantee my 2.4C @ 3.4, two laptops, and one P4 1.6 gig.... the other guys may or may not join in, I don't know yet...

Whoop AMD down!!! :D

Voodoo Rufus said:

My Mobile Barton will work every electron for all it's worth! Let the AMD borging begin. :burn:

Woohoo! Welcome to the AMD Folding Army Voodoo_Rufus!

My troops are on the move. Are you ready Fishy?

"This is IBM's flagship supercomputer, BlueGene/L. It's currently the fastest in the world."
"How much?"
"Wha? You want to BUY it?"
"Yes. How much?"
"About 10 million."
"I'll take it. Do you take cash? Diamonds? Gold bullion?"

I don't think you understand how much powah us AMD guys have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back