• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

19" 8ms

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pRS317

i noticed this and was wondering if anyone has any experience with hyundai monitors. as far as i know, it's the only 8ms 19" available and a shipped price of $379 isn't too shabby.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=24-179-014&depa=1

ImageQuest L90D+ 19" LCD Monitor w/ Speakers, 8ms and DVI

Panel Type: A-Si TFT Active Matrix
Native Resolution: SXGA (1280 x 1024)
Pixel Pitch: 0.294 mm
Brightness: 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 700:1
Response Time: 8ms View Angle: 150° / 135° (Horizontal / Vertical)
Input Connectors: 15-pin D-sub, DVI-D, Audio in

I saw it and was immediately skeptical, it seems too good to be true. A bit of googling revealed that a monitor called the L90D actually has a 25ms response time, and note that newegg does not list a response time under the product description (like for most monitors) - only in the name. Something just doesn't seem right...

i went to hyundai's site and they didn't give the spec for response time, so i did a little searching too and found that newegg offers 2 l90d monitors. the product numbers and pictures are different as well as several of the other specs newegg lists. the "8ms" version has a few specs listed as higher than on hyundai's site. i just emailed hyundai support, so hopefully i'll get a response. they did put a + after the better model's number, but it's a bit weak for having such better specs.

http://www.hyundaiq.com/pro_L90D.asp#

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=24-179-014&depa=1

ImageQuest L90D+ 19" LCD Monitor w/ Speakers, 8ms and DVI –RETAIL
Model# L90D+
Item # N82E16824179014
Specifications:
Brightness: 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 700:1
View Angle: 150° / 135° (Horizontal / Vertical)

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...-010&ATT=Monitors+LCD+Flat+Pa&CMP=OTC-yah00TT

ImageQuest L90D 19" LCD Monitor w/ Speakers –RETAIL
Model# L90D
Item # N82E16824179010
Specifications:
Brightness: 250 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 500:1
Response Time: 25 ms
View Angle: 170° / 170° (Horizontal / Vertical)

According to the BeHardware review, it seems to hold it's own in games. That price is friggin' awesome though. Man... this or a Dell2005FP... that price may be a deal breaker. =\

I just ordered the L90D+ last night from newegg. This is my first LCD monitor, I'll tell you all what I think as soon as I get it.

The one thing I've seen from other people's comments and reviews is that there is a slight backlight bleed on the top and bottom of the screen. I should be getting it on Monday, so when I get home from work I should be able to play with it. I really hope that it works out.

Edit: And how should I go about reviewing it? Just play games and do normal stuff? Or are there any programs that will help me see any discrepencies with the monitor? My desktop background is just flat black, and it seems that backlight problems is most easily noticed on flat black backgrounds. If it is really a problem, which I hope it won't be, I'll have to fiddle around and see what looks best. One more note: If there is any minor ghosting, my eyes probably won't catch it. I've been running my CRT at 60hz for the past 3 years and I never once noticed flickering, eyestrain, or headaches, so I think my eyes are pretty... slow :drool:

Last edited:
LOL @ the slow-eye thing.

Here's what you do. Connect both the LCD and your CRT monitor, put them side-by-side. Since you have a 6800 card, you can do dual monitors. What you'll want to do is set up the CRT as the secondary monitor and CLONE the primary (LCD) monitor, meaning that you'll see the same thing on both monitors. This can be done in the video card's advanced options, it's usually the first submenu that is highlighted w/ the Forceware drivers.

Now load up a game. Do you have HL2? I can think of a great way to test for ghosting. Load a map/level that has a LIGHT sky (not a bright, blinding corona sky, but a light-colored sky) and then find something that you can conrast w/ it and stand in front of it.

For example, walk up to a dark-colored building (make sure it's fairly dark, doesn't have to be black) and look up at the light sky, making sure the building you are now standing in front of is contrasting against the sky. Look towards the top of the building now (w/ the sky still in view) and jerk your mouse forward and back slightly. Move it only about an inch in both directions and move it fairly fast, 4 times a second will work fine, not too fast and not too slow.

All this time, keep an eye on the top of the building (by the top, I mean the highest part of the building you can see). If there is ghosting, you will notice a blurring effect around the top of the building, against the light sky. It will look like quick transparent images of the top of the building quickly appearing and disappearing (if you're still moving the mouse fast). If there is noticible ghosting, you will probably see it the most when you're moving the mouse upwards.

Lastly, keep doing what I've said above and now compare what you've been seeing (note everything in your head) on the LCD to the CRT.

Good luck, keep us posted. I'm definitely looking into this monitor. Backlight bleeding doesn't really bother me as much as ghosting does. >=\

Alright, that all sounds easy enough, I do have HL2 and that'll be the first thing I try when I get the new monitor. Thanks for the tip!:)

No problem bro. I can't wait to hear a review.

BTW, since this thread is about this monitor, I wonder if the backlighting can be fixed somehow? Let us know how bad it is.

Any feedback?? I have a friend whose interested in these for a dual monitor setup, was hoping someone unbiased could provide their opinion. :)

Hold them horses, Pink. ;)

Crimedog and bounty said they will be getting their monitors today and there are a lot of people awaiting a review, myself included.

MonroeM said:
Hold them horses, Pink. ;)

Crimedog and bounty said they will be getting their monitors today and there are a lot of people awaiting a review, myself included.

me too...I'm just sitting here with my finger on the "buy it now" button. LOL

can't wait till the review tomorrow, it's gona be a big day for newegg.

mica

micamica1217 said:
me too...I'm just sitting here with my finger on the "buy it now" button. LOL

can't wait till the review tomorrow, it's gona be a big day for newegg.

mica

... =( yeah... me too. Only thing is if we order today (Weds), it probably wont be here until Monday. =( =( =( =(

I wonder what Newegg thinks sometimes. Suddenly they see a few of those monitors bought. Then a few more, then a bunch of them at once and they start selling like hotcakes. LOL, I wonder if they know OCForums does 'em such good business?

MonroeM said:
... =( yeah... me too. Only thing is if we order today (Weds), it probably wont be here until Monday. =( =( =( =(

I wonder what Newegg thinks sometimes. Suddenly they see a few of those monitors bought. Then a few more, then a bunch of them at once and they start selling like hotcakes. LOL, I wonder if they know OCForums does 'em such good business?

I'll bet that they will update the price tomorrow because we want it.
inflated ofcourse...$#@&*%$ price gougers :mad:

mica

Just trust me... for $379 it holds true to EVERYTHING it states! you NEED to buy this...

Back